Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Groove Tools strap??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Snarf, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Well, I just got my new (to me) Conklin GT4, and it's a beautiful looking/sounding bass. But it appears to have a proprietary straplock system, with just a couple holes where strap buttons should be. Anyone know where I can find the appropriate hardware to get a strap on my bass?

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Any aftermarket buttons should work... Nothing special required.

3. I assume those are just standard Duncan straplocks routed into the body. Many luthiers are doing that (Ken Smith... who I think came up with the idea, Fodera, etc.).

Most of the time, the luthier will send the hardward to attach to your strap. Look in the accessory pocket of the case. If not, any store carries them.... check Musician's Friend on-line. They hardware even comes in different versions to match your metal hardware (black, chrome, gold, etc.).

4. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Why not just use the straplocks theres no downside to them?

5. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    That's not the problem, the problem is that there are two jacks where strap buttons would normally be, with grooves for a straplock. I need to find out what kind they are.

Duncan sounds like a good place to start. I may take the bass across the street to Daddy's and have them take a look.