1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Groove Tubes Dual 75 Tube Power Amp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Dee-man, May 14, 2020.

1. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Price:
    Howdy TB. I'm in downsize mode (or trying to be), and it's time to move stuff along that's not getting enough use. Here's a cool and unique piece of kit - a 2-channel power tube amp. Allows you to put different types of power tubes (6550, 6L6, EL34) in either channel (with one or two preamps) for different kinds of punch and crunch.

Got it here last January. Looks the same since I got it. Hasn't left my house except for service. I never had the original footswitch.

It's been part of my "living room rig" and I've used it maybe a dozen times, never pushed hard or for terribly long. Sounds great, but is not dead silent (though whatever minor typical tube noise there is can easily be overpowered with low to moderate volume). Each channel can separately handle 4, 8 or 16 ohms. The amp only weighs about 30 pounds, so just grab your favorite preamp pedal and that ain't too bad for luscious tube tone.

The amp either had or developed a noise issue in channel A. I brought it to Dave Ray and, $320 later of special service and replacement parts, everything is working great. The amp runs at very high voltages, so he redesigned channel B so it can safely handle 6L6s and EL34s and you can switch tubes in this channel without biasing. It currently has 6L6s in it. Channel A is full throttle and sports a pair of real Svetlana Winged C's (pre-2000 6550s).

$850 shipped insured for all the preamp swapping power tube goodness you could want, recently serviced in December by one of the Bay Area's best. I'll also include a new pair of Groove Tubes 6550s.

Thanks for looking, DM

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2020