1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Groove Tubes The Brick works with active bass?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by slayest, Aug 22, 2016.

1. slayest

slayest

Aug 22, 2016
    Hi, does anyone know whether Groove Tubes The Brick preamp works well with ACTIVE bass?

I heard good things about The Brick for recording bass, and I'm going to get one. But none of the posts I read has mentioned explicitly whether it is an active bass. So I want to make sure before pushing the trigger.

I'm planning to use it for recording bass directly, and my bass has active EMG pickups with Aguilar OBP-3 preamp circuit.

Thanks in advance!

2. redhed

redhed

Oct 25, 2009
    Wow! None of the bass gear genii at talk bass can answer this?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  3. Ulf_Hansson

Ulf_Hansson

Apr 15, 2014
    To be honest I have no idea. But I must also admit I find it strange to buy a piece of equipment like that, based on hearsay and recommendations from a forum of (genius) strangers...
    I'd find somewhere to test the pre, with my own bass(es), before taking a decision. If there's nowhere to try it, there are many other great preamps that are available for test.

4. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    yes it works well with both passive and active basses. great warm tube direct box. try some different tubes in there as well, might give you some fun results :)

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 23, 2021