1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Grospixels -- Video game music arrangements, now featuring me on bass!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Wild_Cat, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Wild_Cat

Wild_Cat

Feb 14, 2009
    Montréal, QC
    Hi guys,

So a couple months ago, I joined the virtual house band of French retrogaming website grospixels.com (originally featuring Laurent Roucairol and Olivier Tamagna on guitars, and Jean-Christian Verdez on keyboards). And these last two weeks, we released the first two tracks I played bass on:

- First, a floyd-ish version of the Secret of Evermore staff roll:

2. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Nice job,
    I always liked alot of the music for video games.

3. Wild_Cat

Wild_Cat

Feb 14, 2009
    Montréal, QC
    So if anyone's interested, we've got a new track up -- the first stage (Front Line Base) from U.N. Squadron/Area 88, on the SNES.

This track was the first I recorded bass for, ever. As in, not just with this side project -- it was the very first time I made a full recording that I didn't delete 5 minutes later. As such, there is a fair amount of punch-ins, but I still like the sound of that track. I think I got a nice, slightly overdriven tone out of my VT. :bassist: