Ground noise on the Duncan Pickups on my Ibanez

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by silvad0ugh, Jun 3, 2002.

1. I have an Ibanez SR400 bass. I recently put in a Badass Bridge and a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder and a Seymour Duncan Vintage Jazz bridge pickup. I put it into my amp and there is an incredibly loud ground noise and humming coming from somewhere. It is unbearable. I put my ground filter on my amp on, and it is still noisy. Can anybody give me some suggestions on what the problem is, and how to fix it. Is it just that the guy that put them in screwed up something?
  2. jwymore

Jul 26, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Make sure the ground wire to the bridge got re-connected. Also check all the ground connections in the control cavity. It sounds like something isn't grounded correctly.
  3. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to have to bring it back to Sam Ash (no wonder something is wrong with it). Also, there's not a lot of noise coming from the QTR Pounder, its mostly from the Vintage Jazz. Do you think i should go with the SJB-3 QTR Pounder for Jazz instead of the Vintage Jazz?
  4. Does anybody know whether the Jazz QTR Pounder is a good jazz bridge pickup?