1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ground positive pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mattbass97, May 23, 2012.

1. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
    My electro harmonix bass blogger is ground positive and thats giving me a bit of trouble, I want to power it in my daisy chain but can't since all my pedals are ground negative! Now how can I resolve this without buying a whole different power supply and with out buying the diago adapter which is £20! And is there a way of possibly making it ground negative or is there not or is there another way to power it within the daisy chain

Thanks

2. Damascus

Damascus

Aug 9, 2008
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1SpotCYR

Advertised as a "Reverse Polarity Converter for 1 SPOT Power Adapter" but I imagine it will work for other power supplies. Of course, depending on the type of connector needed, you may need an adapter for your adapter's adapter. :spit:

3. Actually, ground polarity and center/sleeve are two different things. The VS converter above is good for center pos. pedals but useless here.

A quick google search led to this, which looks good (haven't read it all):
    http://stinkfoot.se/archives/532

DISCLAIMER: I don't know that much about this and may say really dumb stuff. If the article above isn't clear enough, DIYstompoxes.com is full with really smart and knowledgeable people who are more than happy to help out.

4. Damascus

Damascus

Aug 9, 2008
    Thanks for the link-education Pollinator. I stand corrected, and happy that I know this now too.
    (although i'm still confused....)

5. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
  6. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
    I have a 1 spot and are u sure it doesn't just reverse polarity?

7. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
    Thanks

8. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
  9. I just use the battery-type connector and the 1Spot wires connect it correctly. It comes with the 1Spot - mine did.

Since the battery normally would be correct, the 9V 1Spot adapter will work perfectly.

Just pass the wires through the battery door and it's good.

10. Damascus

Damascus

Aug 9, 2008
    Yes, this is apparently a subject that i am more uneducated in than i had thought. :)