1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ground Problems

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rion, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Rion

Rion

Aug 13, 2011
    So I recently changed my volume and tone on my (Jack & Danny) Jazz bass to two separate double pots with volume and tone to each pickup.

I also added some switches for different effects (series or parallel , an effect within the bass and a switch for splitting the output to two different jacks.

Everything has been fitted in the bass and the different switches do what the should, but there is a LOT of noise, buzzing and sparks and I think it has something to do with ground, but i don't know where.

I crudely made a paint image to show you how it's all wired up

Red - From neck pickup

Blue - From bridge pickup

Gray - Ground

The first switch is the parallel or series -switch

The second the one who chooses between going to effect or not (note that it is there the bridge signal gets mixed with the neck in parallel setting)

The third one is a bit tricky. On the left side the bridge pickup signal gets in and from there can go directly to a jack (down) or get mixed with the neck signal (up).
    On the other side of the switch, the mixed signal gets in and also the effect signal. Here it chooses between going to a single jack (down) or to both of the jacks.

Attached Files:

2. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    Good Idea... Not sure I can offer any assistance, beyond a BUMP!!!! :D

3. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    Bump^2?