1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Grounding Hipshot triple lock down individual bridges

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by interp, Oct 14, 2006.

1. interp

interp

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    I am putting together a replica of a 60/61 Jazz bass using Warmoth parts, hardware from various sources, etc. The only significant departure from the original parts is the bridge, which will be the Hipshot individual bridge assemblies.

Does anyone know how to ground these puppies? I spoke to the guy at Hipshot who designed them, and believe it or not he doesn't have a clue. He says Hipshot designed them in conjunction with Peavey and it was Peavey's job to integrate them with the bass.

He told me some guys have just grounded one of the bridge assemblies, but I don't like that idea. Others, he says, have run a copper strip underneath all the separate bridge assemblies but he didn't know exactly how that was done.

Anyway, any of you TB'ers out there have any experience with these things? I really want to use them, because I think it's a great design, but I want to have each string grounded in as cosmetically unobtrusive way as possible.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

Kevin

2. what if you grounded one of them and ran a wire connecting all the tunners on the headstock?

3. reddogbass

reddogbass

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm thinking about using these on the next bass I build. My thought is to rout a small channel on the back and inset a brass plate- then drill through it for the mounting posts. On the other hand I haven't seen them in person yet, so my thoughts may change.

4. Basshole

Basshole Inactive

Jan 28, 2005
    Ground one, and use a brass nut.

5. best idea yet

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021