Group in New Coca-Cola Ad?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Boplicity, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Coca-Cola has been running an ad recently with a really cool group that have a vibe similar to Digable Planets. The ad is very pleasant. There is an excellent female singer with a wonderful voice and a male who does a soft rap. The backing musicians really bring Digable Planets to mind.

Has anybody seen the ad and would you happen to know who the group is or at least the female singer?
  2. Ozico

May 5, 2002
    Marlboro NY
    I know that the female singer is named Mya,but the rest i dont know. She's been around for awhile now and has a pretty established r&b/pop solo career.
  3. yeah, it's mya. i recognized the guy from flipping past eMpTyV now and then; don't remember a name though. if i se it i'll look; but someone else'll probably know by then
  4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Thanks, folks. Anybody know who the backup band might be?
  5. Probably some session people. I didn't recognize anyone in it.

Geez, Common and the BEP all bought by soda...on one hand the commercials were good...on the other hand, its kind of weird to have people rapping and singing about being 'real' and then having it turn out that they're in a commercial for soft drinks....I guess you have to pay the bills somehow.

Oh well...better than those kids from the Mountain Dew commercials *shudder*