1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Groupies....Yay or nay

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by punkbassistfc, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Discuss:hyper:

2. Matt R.

Matt R.

Jul 18, 2007
    Huntsville AL
    No discussion necessary. Yay:bassist:

3. Way Yay.
    Of course the whole sex scene has changed and one whoops can mean a sad life with death.
    We were way dumb and were not to worried about STD's.

4. dreadheadbass

dreadheadbass

Dec 17, 2007
    england
    deffinatly a yay

although i have a girlfriend so it means all i can do is window shop i'm not allowed to enter the store ;)

its still nice to have a load of sexy ladies tell you how great you are after a gig though:bassist:

5. my band is all about that.

6. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I wouldn't touch most of them with a ten foot cattle prod... I'd be too afraid the syphilis or something would creep up the pole.

Spectacular to look at though. :D

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

I'm 48. Any gig where I get flirted at is a great gig!

P.S. I'm married, so all I ever do is flirt back. I ain't gonna ruin my life over one night of fun. Those of you who are single (or married and adventurous)... knock yourselves out. :)

8. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    While young and/or single - yay.
    Older/married - nay, but nice to look at.

I still have fond memories of the young woman who was a caterer, and used to follow a reggae band I was in and would set up a great food buffet for the band in the parking lot after every show.
    Nice way to say "I love the music, thank you".
    Made load-out a whole lot nicer. :D

9. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Ayyyyyup!!!

I still get attention from men (and sometimes women), at 45. Its nice, and some mild flirting is, well, polite. But that's where it stops. I never do anything that if my husband did it, I'd be mad at him for it.

Cherie :bassist:

10. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I bet if you took a poll, groupies is probably near the top as to why we started playing in the first place. I love music, I love playing, but I love the women. Going all the way back to when I was 15, being in a band ment meeting and hooking up with a lot of women!! (well girls when I was 15, but you know what I mean).

11. jrduer

jrduer

Jun 27, 2005
    Georgetown, TX
    At this point in my career, I'd trade 3 good groupies for 1 good roadie.:D (Then I'd go hit on txbasschik...:bassist:)

~John

12. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I married my groupie 23 years ago. She hasn't killed me yet.

13. JKT

JKT

Apr 30, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Endorsing Artist: Barker Basses
    Got into music for the music, discovered girls :eek:, had fun, wasted alot of time, made some stupid choices :( , survived it, would do things a whole lot different if I had another crack at it. I do not discourage them, I do not encourage them. I sincerely thank them for their appreciation of my music and politely move on. :cool:

JKT :bassist:

14. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    {{{{SMOOCH!!!}}}

+1,000 on the roadie!!!

Cherie ;):bassist::D

15. Easy8

Easy8

Sep 5, 2007
    Austin, Tx
    Back in the day - Yay
    Today - Nay

Happily married to very supportive wife for 29 years.

16. grieverOSOK

grieverOSOK

Jan 12, 2008
    Ohio
    i'm 18 and single and groupies are already wearing out their welcome. i only had a year of heavy debauchery and i can't even understand how anyone survived the 80s lol. groupies can be fun from time to time but, often i find it better not going home with anyone now.

17. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    My wife of 19 years is the only and best groupie I want or need. It's amusing to watch the mating rituals of others, though :)

18. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    YAY, even though I'm in a very happy relationship. Bands that attract girls usually have more success attracting larger audiences (due to guys wanting to hit on said girls) than bands whose performance look like a sausage convention.

19. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Its that old "too much of a good thing". The whole groupie/debauch thing can get old after a while. Hey, you had it, enjoyed it, and now, you can say BTDT and be choosy now.

Survived the 80's...and got away cheap, too! LOL!

Cherie :D:bassist:

20. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Aren't groupies just fans that stalk you?