Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Grow my hair long?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Melf, May 12, 2003.

1. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    What say ye, yea or nay? Right now I have just enough in the back to make a stubby little pony tail:p

This is me now, with semi-long hair:

[​IMG]

EDIT: Ahh I forgot to make it a poll. Arg!

2. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    This is me when I had shorter hair. I look kind of like a square in this picture:meh:

[​IMG]

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    keep it short and gel it. and dye it blue :D

4. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    What's that supposed to mean WR?:confused:

5. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    i say you should try, i looked totally when i grow my hair out. but i had to cut it and start over again shed a tear for me. :bawl: so i say give it a shot if you dont like it you can aways cut it but i think you will:D

6. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    GROW IT!! I decided to, and it looks so very much better. You don't look very cool at all with hair like in that older pic, IMO, looks geeky. but the newer one yer hair looks badass.

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Long hair you say?

Hmmmmm.

8. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Nice Kingston, man! I own exactly similar one :)

Anyways, I have understood that short hair is all the craze nowadays.. But perhaps you could be different from all the others. You might want to comb it off from your forehead though.

9. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Well ,I say go for it! While you're young enough to grow enough hair I reckon you should! I did, and it evenbtually (6 years or so) was down to my belt - okay, the split ends were down to my belt......

Nowadays, I shave it into the wood every 2 weeks (Mach 3 razors are the business for that....)

I miss my hair, but, don't think I could go through that half way stage again! For the record, at that half way stage - when it was just long enough to go into a pony tail - it spent a year under brylcreme(sp?) to keep it tidy! It worked well, and was real good for the hair!:)

10. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    ...darn hippies.. *grumble grumble*

;)

11. If you don't do it now, when will you do it?

And you know that you need embarassing pictures of yourself with long hair for when you're 40.

12. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Grow a Noel Edmonds, you'll wonder how you ever coped without one once its firmly established.

13. grow the hair, your only young once. anyway, if a guy keeps his hair well maintained when it is long i think it looks good. nothing wrong with growing your hair. just like with females, some guys do not look right in long hair, but then, some look really really good with long hair. only way you will know is if you try it.

14. babecker

babecker

Mar 7, 2002
    Sykesville, MD
    Grow it out, then cut it and realize how much more tail you're getting with short hair.

:D

Sad but true -- i know from experience. Had I known, I would have cut my hair a long time ago...

;)

15. go for the krist long hair style...

I think that'll be cool.

16. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    sure thats y when i cut my hair every one was like what is wrong with you y did you cut your hair and i dident hear the end if it from my girlfreind for a month

but to each's own :p

17. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Pollybass, I know, I know...you already did a post about that. But you don't look like me:p So I wanted people's opinions on m

DNA-5string, I look horrid with a shaved head.:eek: And I don't know about the musicians on this board, because I almost never see what they look like, but at my school there is only one guy with long hair out of about 1250 guys total.

So the general consensus is to grow it long; I will and show everyone later when it's long in a year:D