Growing my hair out...any tricks?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dave120, Dec 28, 2005.

1. dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Well being in a rock band means my military style haircuts don't fit too well and everybody says I should grow it out so my look matches my attitude about it all. The problem is, whenever I try and do that I get frustrated with it and end up shaving it again after like 2 months.

Someone told me vitamin E and lots of exercise will accelerate my hair growth...any truth to that? I think I would like having my hair longer again I just can't seem to stand it long enough tog et it there!
  2. people say trimming hair causes it to grow faster, but I'm waiting on something solid to verify this, since basically everything people say is untrue. Vitamin E causes skin cells to grow back fast, I don't know about hair. I know there are products that are supposed to accelerate the growth of hair, but I'm skeptical of everything.
  3. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Time and patience. There's no magic trick I know of.
    I had hair down to my armpits.
    Before I joined the military in 81 Long hair was still the norm. I got out and eveyone was cutting it off. I still haven't gotten used to shaved heads.
    I did have one heck of a mullet for a while.
  4. tiredman9

Aug 15, 2005
    New York
    Yeah there are some shampoos and stuff that supposedly help. I personally think that some of these do help (bad haircuts ok? :p ). I recomend just keeping it really clean...your hair will grow much faster IMO.
  5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Here's a tip: Don't cut it.

Long hair is a MAJOR pain in the ass. I've grown mine out for a rock and roll band and I looked terrible and I hated it.

Bald is cool. A pair of Wahl clippers and 10 minutes in the shower once a week will make you look rock and roll.
  6. If you massage your head, the hair will grow faster.

I read it in some magazine. Something about stimulating blood cells or something.
  7. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Dont cut it, pretty simple stuff. Hair grows at its own pace, there are vitamins that claim to help speed it up, but the rate is really not that much more.

8. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Yeah, basically don't cut it. Mine got halfway down my back, then I cut it because I didn't want to be grouped in with the future-dropout, leather-everything, dour-and-glour metalheads.
  9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

This makes me chuckle. I am thinking of an old saying, Kipling I think. A paraphrase:

"How to keep yours while those about are losing theirs".
  10. paintballjunkie

Jul 27, 2005
    don't comb it either. nothing says rock 'n' roll like dreadlocks :bassist:
  11. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Bald isn't just cool, it trancends the slavery of hair.

I don't shave my head because it's cool, having a shaved head is cool because I do it. :cool:
  12. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio should go for the spikey blond Beavis look.

(Wow..I can't believe I just wasted post #4.000 on this thread!)
  13. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Dont worry... i posted here too so that makes this thread cool... because i am in it see... and i am cool... see... and i provided good info... i think everyone should have a wig!
  14. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    +1 that's my style too.

...and chicks dig it lots.
  15. Keep it short. It rocks.

Especially if you like it. You're you, don't let what you dig dictate how you're supposed to look.
  16. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    Looks are for losers!

Don't change the way you wanna look for some one else, thats just poopy.
  17. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Buy a hat. There will be a stage where your haair will look stupid, no matter what.
  18. dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Yeah thats exactly what i need to do is start wearing hats...that would hide it in most situations. Thats what my brother did for a few months when he was growing his out and its like shoulder length right now on him. Waiting a year like he did for it to get that long is gonna suck...I'm hoping after that long I end up liking it! If not it's a really quick fix :D