1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

growly soapbar?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by eastcoasteddie, Sep 25, 2008.

1. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    who makes a growly soapbar inthe M5 size (4.5x1.5)? Not too many...other than Bart?

2. mikeyswood

mikeyswood Banned

Jul 22, 2007
    Cincinnati OH
    Luthier of Michael Wayne Instruments
    Are Basslines thinner than that?

3. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    I see that basslines actually has an M5 type soapbar..the phase II...

but that brings up another question that I just notices about these and the Bart pups..

I see that they have 4 wires, meaning that they are hot pickups. My originals have only 2 wires (passive). Can the 4-wire pups be installed in place of passive pickups? I have an 18v Bart preamp in this bass, and the wiring diagram doesn't show 4-wire pups. I think I have to contct Bartilini on this. The diagrams on their site only show switching of coils, not actual wiring diagrams for installation.

4. mikeyswood

mikeyswood Banned

Jul 22, 2007
    Cincinnati OH
    Luthier of Michael Wayne Instruments
    The four wires could be for voicing wiring options like the DiMarzios are. I am not able to answer that and perhaps a cal to Bart could sort that out.