Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Grr. This makes me so mad!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    We are having a flag football tournament in P.E., and the teams are co-ed. I do not really mind that, because it is an excuse to have girls all over you trying to get the ball.

Here is what ticks me off:

The special rules to make the game more fair for the girls. More fair? B.S. It just makes it impossible for the guys.

1 in 4 plays, we have to throw to a girl, even if they are all just standing there being helpless.

We cannot score off of a kick off unless a girl runs it into the endzone.

It makes it so hard to have fun! The girls do not play, they just stand there, but they whine and gripe about it when we do not give them the ball.

I have no problem playing with girls if they will actually play, and not get special rules that are actually implying that they are physically inferior to the guys and need special rules to make them feel useful.

If I was a girl, I would be mad about rules like that. They do imply inferiority.

If girls want to play with the guys, they should not have rules for them that make sure they aren't going to be knocked around like a guy would be, or have rules that give them chances to be "part of the team".

They should have to follow the same rules as the guys!

Better yet, have boy PE classes and girl PE classes so we do not have this problem that ruins the fun of football and all other games!

:mad:

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yeah,,, uh,,that really sucks........

3. uhh yeah playing with girls. Phhftt i would just be standing there too.... :bassist:

"catch that ball sweety catch it!" hehe

:D:D

Merls

4. Bring this up to a school board meeting. If I were the father of an athletically inclined girl I would be apoplectic.

5. Because playing with girls is bad mmmkkaayyy.... :rolleyes:

:D:D

Merls

6. Cry me a river buddy, it's a freaking P.E. class.

Could this be why you can't get the girls?

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I understand, then it sucks because everytime you grab for their flag you end up missing and grabbing...

It's not that bad. :D :rolleyes:

8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Affirmative Action at work! (ducks)

;)

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    you said it.

hey mr. money, why don't you use the opportunity to play _with_ the girls - help them out, show them some things, and toss the ball to them and let them play some too. you'd be amazed at how far that would get you.

besides, they're not going to be impressed with your tag football prowess if you are only hogging the ball.

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

11. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    yep

:D :D :meh: :meh:

12. i don't think the class should be separated by boys/girls, it should be separated by people who want to play/people who don't want to play. lord knows that a willing girl would be a better football player than me. down with sports.

13. This only works if the girls are WILLING to play, and not over concerned about breaking a nail.

Been there, done that. I know how you feel. The girls who want to play awlays make themselves useful, and usually participate as equals. It's the bimbo-esque girls who stand on the field whispering and giggleing that cause administrators to create these rules. It's not trying to bring down your game, it's forcing them to play.

Anyway, a REAL game is always played after school, with VERY few rules.:D:D:D

Rock on
    Eric:bassist:

14. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Eric, you said everything i was going to, well put...

bp13

15. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    You like got in my brain, and like, pulled this out, and like, stuff.

16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    I cannot hog the ball. I'm always a lineman... so I am always protecting someone. Never get the ball much, unless it is a fumble our we need a play to mess with the opposition'e heads.

My problem is not the inability to hang around girls, I just always end up palling up to them which ruins my dating chances.

Originally Posted by Eric Cameron
    This only works if the girls are WILLING to play, and not over concerned about breaking a nail.

Been there, done that. I know how you feel. The girls who want to play awlays make themselves useful, and usually participate as equals. It's the bimbo-esque girls who stand on the field whispering and giggleing that cause administrators to create these rules. It's not trying to bring down your game, it's forcing them to play.

Anyway, a REAL game is always played after school, with VERY few rules.

Rock on
    Eric

You nailed it. If the girls want to play, I do not mind the special rules as much. But if they are sitting there talking about the rumor that tommy banged suzy but suzy was cheating on him with some dude from East High, I hate playing with them.

I like the your idea of how to split people up... that would work great.

17. instead of passing it to them biff it at their head, that will change their opinion on wanting those rules

19. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    They are buddy. You know those pesky things called hormones, and that little y-chromosome....yeah, they're a bitch. I mean, females are more flexable and sometimes have more stamina. But it's an inargueable FACT that men are physically superior to women. There are facts, and there are opinions which are argueable. In this case it happens to be fact.

20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    SSHH!

It is not nice to be aware of that scientificly proven fact!

;)