Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GRRR! Cr*ppy amazon, I wiated 5 months! 5 MONTHS!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Mar 31, 2003.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I ordered the victor wooten song book on december the 1st 2002.

look at this email I got today:

Dear Customer,

We are very sorry to report that the release of the following
    item has been cancelled:

"Victor Wooten Songbook"

This unavailable item has been cancelled from your order.

Your card has NOT BEEN CHARGED for this item.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk, we hope to see you again.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
    Amazon.co.uk
    http://www.amazon.co.uk
    A Real Company In A Virtual World

GGRRRRRRR! The stupid Tw#ts, I'm furious. 5 MONTHS I WAiTED! 5 MONTHS!

"Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk, we hope to see you again."
    The only thing youll be seeing is my arse you scabby B!@#$&*s. :mad:

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Your lucky, I actually had to email them about a CD they thought they had, yet never sent to get a refund.

3. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I ordered the Wooten Bass Day 98' video from them...they sent me the bass day compilation video. I let them know..they said send the old one back, and they sent the new one. I got the new one but the old one seemed to never make it in the mail ;). I like the used cd thing they have there.

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah, that same thing happened when I ordered a Jaco Pastorius songbook. I wait 2 and 1/2 months and the dern thing never comes. Then I go to sheetmusicplus.com and it's at my house within 3 days. Go figure.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I love amazon...I have never had any problems with them, I order stuff and it arrives on schedule or ahead of schedule, the only item I have ordered that has not arrived is "the book of flame" and that's not amazon's fault, because manring had unexpected distribution complications.

6. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    12/1/02 - 3/31/03... That's four months :)

-robert

7. Ditto, I've had nothing but good experiences with em. Everything's always arrived right on time for me. Maybe it's cause I'm in the same state?

8. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    It took me a few months to get a copy of "Toto IV" - most of which was hmv.co.uk having it on "back order" *forever*.

9. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    So it is :p I counted it as:

Dec, Jan, Feb, March, April (5 month names).

Ok, I waited 5 month names for my order! ;)

Ah well, it was on my dads card so the next time I see him he owes me £15! :p

10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I must say that sheetmusicplus have been invariably excellent with stuff I have ordered - they are probably my favourite online retailer.

I have used Amazon a lot, but have noticed the problems mentioned -so I buy loads of books and CDs from them as well as PS2 games.

If they have something in stock , they are very good - fast and cheap - no problem.

But on a few occasions they obviously don't have it in stock but try to keep you "hanging on" and this can go on for months. :mad:

So presumably it is a "tactic" - probably a deliberate policy from their Marketing people to make sure you don't go elsewhere. I do find it irritating and I work in Direct Marketing! ;)

The answer is for everybody to complain about this as much as possible - this is the only thing that might persuade them to change their policy - if it makes them unpopular enough.

I think that if you are looking for stuff that is fairly common and popular, they are very good - but if you look for unusual and "hard-to-get" items they can be a pain to deal with! :(

11. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    The thing is, if it's a policy to stop you going elsewhere - it probably backfires. After being messed around like that, you're more likely to be so pissed off that you'll think "**** Amazon, I'll never buy anything from them again!!" :D

12. Bruce Lindfield

Well, you'd think so wouldn't you, but they are doing very well and are one of the few (only?) internet bubble companies to convert to profit!

I think that if they told you straight away that something rare wasn't available, then you would go off and search for it, elsewhere. But they are banking on the fact the you will keep coming back to check , then spot something else while browsing or from the recommendations they throw at you and will buy some of that instead, when you eventually get informed that they can't get it for you.

13. Personally, I love Amazon, I have never had problems with them, and I've got countless vouchers off them for certain promotions (don't you just love students?!?!) Then again, my local record shop Probe is far better for what I want.

14. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    This is the most accurate way I would think to describe it. When they're in stock, they're fantastic.

But then again, why would we want to go to Amazon for sheet music, let's support our music-specific businesses!

15. Bruce Lindfield

I only buy books and CDs from them - they are pretty good at getting new SciFi books from the US before they are in the shops here.

I get all my sheet music from sheetmusicplus or Jazzwise.