1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Grundorf Mighty Lite?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tom P, May 7, 2006.

1. Tom P

Tom P Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2004
    I'm looking for a rackmount case for my Eden WT400.
    These seem like they would fit and have a rep as light and tough.
    Any experiences to vouch for this?
    Any dealers? MF and Zzounds don't list this item.
    It states the back of the case has a port for connections. Is this the only access to the rear?
    Does the back have a removable cover as well?
    Thanks!

2. Try fritzproaudio.com...free shipping and they're nice people as well.

I like my rack just fine - looks good, and it's plenty sturdy.

Jay

3. The back has a friction fitting panel (with a ~2" port) that's removable, and covered in the same carpet material as the rest of the case. The deep version also has an additional port on the top near the rear of the case. I have two Mighty Lights. :cool:

~ Charlie

4. Mighty Lights are good if you dont load them up too much. I had one loaded with a pre and a power amp and the handle ripped out. With an Eden head, youll be fine though. Thats less than half the weight I had in mine. But yeah, the back cover is removable, with a hole for cables to come out of. The front latches on with two latches. Theyre very light weight too. When mine came in the mail, I thought the box was empty it was so light.

Dave

5. Tom P

Tom P Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2004
    So a friction fit just "wedges" into place? Any issues with it falling out or coming loose in transit? Sounds like it might be weakness from a design standpoint.

6. I never had any problems with it sliding out. Its a pretty tight fit.

7. Yup. :cool:

~ Charlie

8. CocoBolla

CocoBolla

Aug 1, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yup.

Had it for a year, no problems. But, I only moved it around in my car. I don't think it is designed for touring - it looks like even hauling in a band van would be too much for it. It is also very light.

Bought mine at www.fritzproaudio.com

9. Tom P

Tom P Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Thats what I'd be using it for. Tried Fritz 800# and its out of order, no reply to e-mails hmmmmm.......