Grunge Band

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Sonic, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

What do you guys think is a good name for a grunge band. And yes I know grunge is dead, but I'm gonna exume it(sorry for getting so graphic).:D
  2. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Ok, since I'm listening to Temple of the Dog right now, I'll give this a shot... hrmmm
    There. There is your band name. I would think of more choices, but I'm reading Hamlet and not feeling very creative right now.
  3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I'm gonna help you out and ask people not to start the genre/label thing. we all know that grunge was a name for a bunch of bands out of seattle that whore flannel. thats no a put down, ive been in 3 "Grunge" bands that were fun as hell to play in. still love em. I would say "cops on acid" but it's taken. how bout "Processed"? i always thought that was cool, but then again, i'm an idiot.
  4. No offense, that just caught my eye, interesting misspelling ;)

Disgruntled Postmen? (ya know, like Dead Milkmen?)
    Abacus? (or abdacus, I forget how you spell it, you know, one of those old bean counter thingies that people used instead of calculators)
    Attica (cool name, after the prison riot)
  5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Man, SORRY, captain spelling. i guess i should check my posts more. i wont change it, because if you never change your post when i cahnge mine, your gonna seem kinda STUPID!. Then id have to eidt this post to, and the whole thing just goes NUTS.:p
  6. I guess I don't know much about naming grunge bands, but how about Dr. Cheese ? Anything with cheese has to be good! :D
  7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Well, I have a very imporatnt question....

What kind of grunge are you?

Are you Sonic Youth'sh, Mudhoney'sh, Dinosaur Jr'sh, Nirvana'sh, Alice in Chains'sh, Pearl Jam'sh or are you.......

Grunge is so broad that there are countless ideas that could come up.

If youre in a Mudhoney'sh band then Dr. Cheese is a good name, but if youre in a Pearl Jam'sh or AIC'sh band, youre gonna be laughed at.

Catch my drift?

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Garage Scum (may be taken)
  9. I played for a band around here a few times who were called Attica. They were good.
  10. David Watts

David Watts

Aug 12, 2002
    Blood money, sounds like......