1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GruvGear 4" Strap

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Slpbass81, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Slpbass81

Slpbass81

Dec 16, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Endorsing: GHS Strings
  2. Steve York

Steve York

Dec 11, 2003
    Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
    Fodera, Lakland artist.
    I just bought a 4" Neo strap. I have not gigged with it yet. I also have the 3.5" leather version. I'm using the Neo with a 10lb Lakland Skyline 55-2.
    Compared to the Comfort Strapps I was using.
    Pros. It's more comfortable than the Comfort Strapp. The bass is well balanced, but the extra width Neo totally eliminates any neck dive and holds the bass in position. It's very well made. The leather ends are more substantial than the Comfort and should hold up longer.
    Cons. When sitting the strap is often touches my chin if I turn my head to the left. Very distracting. I often vary my strap length a little. This cannot be done on the fly with the GG strap. Fitting strap locks to the leather version was a thumbnail busting pain due to the thickness and stiffness of the leather. I'm not going to fit them on the Neo, so no problem.
    Unknown. I wonder how it will hold up to sweat! It looks like it will be fine but time will tell.
    To sum up. I love this strap. It's a keeper. BUT only for playing standing. If you are going to play seated with a strap, get the 3.5" leather version. It's also super comfortable. If you play standing and your bass is super heavy, the Neo is great. Hope this helps!