GS112 breathes new life into my Gretsch

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ccyork, Apr 29, 2004.

1. ccyork

Jan 26, 2004
    I had my Gretsch Electromatic short-scale advertised for sale in the local swap magazine. It was muddy sounding, and just not cutting it through my Fender Bassman 25 or through my SansAmp run into our PA.

But then...I got my Aguilar GS112 cab. The Gretsch sounds awesome through this cabinet, even better than my P-bass. It's got a fat bluesy bottom that just rocks for my kind of music...blues, motown, classic rock.

The Gretsch ain't for sale any more! :bassist:
  2. rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    IMO, the GS112s are simply awesome cabs. I have four of them, but only use two at a time. It's amazing to have this tiny stack on stage and have the guitar players ask me to turn down. My stage coverage is better with the GS112s than it has been with any other combination I have used in the past 30 years. I have PA support, so ultimate volume 50 feet out is not that big an issue. Indoors, without a PA, I have had folks 80 feet out comment on the fullness, tone and volume of the rig. Had I not experienced it, I would have had serious doubts.

3. That's really cool. Breathing new life into a rig can really shake things up. I'm really happy for you!
  4. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    it's amazing what a nice new piece of gear can do to affect your sound. :bassist: