Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GS112 or S410?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steamthief, Mar 14, 2006.

1. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    I'll be getting a nemesis na-650 in a couple days, running it through an aguilar s210, for now. i'll want a second cab, though, to bring the load down to 4 ohms and up the juice to 400w. what say you? which cab above? if gs112, w/or without tweeter? thanks, all!

2. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I think the decision would be depending on your volume requierments. I own an S810 and 2 GS112s (and used to own a GS410). I've read of a lot of people around here using Aguilar 210s with 1 or 2 GS112 with great results. The GS112s are very warm and bassy. They are a little lacking in the mids, but the S210 would provide the neccessary mids to cut trough. IMO they would be a great combination. I love 10" cabs but also like my GS112s very much. If you don't need a 410 then you can go for a GS112 or even another S210. The 210 and 410 will provide more punch and mids that are better to cut trought and be heard live. The 12 would add some more bass and would make the sound rounder.

It all depends on your needs volume-wise. If you get the GS112 I'd get one with the tweeter so you can use it alone if you need to. If the budget doesn't allow then get one w/o tweeter since you have one on your 210. Try both if you can and also look for ther best deal and need for you, your band and the size of the places you play at.

I hope some if this helped.
    Take care...

3. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Thanks, Afroman, your response was very helpful. I was leaning torwards the gs112 for exactly what you mentioned - to get more deep low! The S210 does cut very nicely, but I feel it's lacking some girth, which I think the gs112 will provide. Thanks again for your input.

4. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    No problem. Let me know if you have any other questions i could be of service. Enjoy your GS112 if you get it.

Take care bro...

5. +1. Go the GS112, you'll have added portability and more lows etc.

If you love the GS112 so much, you could just buy another and voila you have a pretty awesome set of cabinets right there.