GS410 or 2 GS112?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Feb 21, 2002.

1. I'm looking to get my new rig and all. Now for the same price, i can either get an Aguilar GS410 or 2 GS112 cabs. The 112s wills be easier to carry and will fit into a normal car. I go to college next year too, so it may be more convinient. The 410 on the other hand handles more power, will most likely be louder. But i'll probably need someone else to help me carry it up and down things, and need some sort of jeep. Which do you guys think i should get? I play lots of styles of music, but a lot of rock mainly and need to make sure i'm loud enough with what i get. Though after trying the GS112, i think 2 should be loud enough. Your opinions please.
  2. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    How about the new GS212?
  3. jvtwin

jvtwin What it needs is a little more cowbell

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.
    They (Agie) also make a GS212 cab now in case your interested. I think, once again, it will depend on the sound reinforcement your looking for. I have one GS112 and a GS410 and love them both. The 410 isn't as bad as you think to lug around (it's on casters) The 212 is lighter then the 410 and isn't as big. It's should fit in a "normal" (whats normal, anyways?) car fairly easily. It also comes with casters. 600 watts vs. 700 watts on the 410.

If you really like the the tone of the 12's and you want ultimate convienace without blowing out your back, two GS112's would be the way to go. Together they should be able to keep up with most any size venue and you can seperate for smaller venues.

I really like the GS210 and GS115 setup for a truly fat and thick tone. (Yeah, I think it's getting time to sell the 410 and 112 cabs and change out.:D)

Of course, this is just MY very humble;) opinon.
  4. Yeah, i know they have the GS212, but at that point i'm not sure how it would fit and so on and i could just get the 2 GS112 cabs and have no problem with transporation. But if it's really so much more worth it, i could hypathetically get a GS410 instead.
  5. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Well I currently have an Eden d-410xlt. And while that cab is awesome, I am getting a little of lugging around. That's why I tried the Acme lowb2, but that didn't work out. So now I'm also looking at a pair of GS112's or the GS212. What to do? What to do
  6. jvtwin

jvtwin What it needs is a little more cowbell

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.
    Bottom line - if you can, A/B and let your ears decide.

I think you'd be happy with either one

If you decide on the GS410, e-mail me and I'll make you a great deal on a year old, low hrs. model.:D
  7. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I just bought 2 112 cabs. They are very lightweight
    and they sound good but I have not played them with the band yet.
  8. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    LOL, cookie-man!!!

well, if you're gonna have to buy a whole new jeep along with that 4x10, i say go for the 2 1x12's!!! hehe...
  9. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Go with whichever sounds better. If you can carry both, and it's loud enough for the applications you're using, go with the one that just sounds better. :)