GSR200 vs ESP B-50

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by matt_dutyfree, Feb 25, 2005.

1. which would you go for and why??
  2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    What pickups does that ESP come with? I have an ESP B-304 with EMG's, and it blows away all the comparably priced Ibanez basses that I've played. Ibanez has some nice models, but the low-end lines like the GSR's tend to have very weak pickups IMO. The ESP that I own is very well made, and while it's no Fodera, it really is a great value at the price they're selling them.
  3. jamesr

Feb 23, 2005
    The ibanez is IMO by far the best beginner bass you can buy. The new phat knob makes it even better. They sound great, and have decent construction. :)
  4. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I'd say Ibanez, but if you're going beginner I say at least check out the SX's - I have an Ibanez and an SX, but they compare pretty well, but they have their times (Ibanez more modern)
  5. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    I'd go with the ESP as well. They are supposed to be great instruments and the quality is also on par with their higher-end models. I'm looking for one myself........
  6. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    The ESP B-50 comes with stock ESP pickups in the P-J configuration and passive electronics.

EDIT: In looking at the thread, I think either bass is a winner. No one really has anything bad to say about either.
  7. csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    I played a gig recently where the opening band's bassist broke a string on his Ibanez BTB. He pulled out a B-50 as his backup. I was startled at how much better the ESP sounded. Bigger and fuller whereas the BTB sounded very thin in comparison.

They are also very light, balance well and play very nicely once restrung and set up.
  8. Rockgurl

Dec 17, 2004
    CT, USA
    Absolutely the Ibanez, because I have one and it rocks. The best bass for that money. Sweet neck and nice warm tone.
  9. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Without a doubt Ibanez gsr 200 its an awesome bass for that price one of the best low end basses!1 :bassist: