Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GT-6B : Not impressed....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by deiseldave2001, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Well, I tried it and it looks pretty, but is hardly an improvement over the ME-8B. As a matter of fact, the ME-8B is better in many respects.
    Compressors: unacceptably noisy (as is ME-8B)
    Synth Bass: triggers a little better than ME-8B, but still nowhere near what you would like.
    Octave: same as ME-8B, both pretty good, but the ME-8B allows fuzz/distortion at the same time, so you can cop a Moog-esque thing. I couldn't get the GT-6B to allow fuzz with octave.
    Chorus, flange, etc, no noticable improvement over ME-8B. All the pretty knobs look like trouble to me from a gigging perspective.
    I'm sticking with what I have.

2. multi-fx pedal.. 'nuff said :D

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Thanks for the review. I was wondering about that thing.

4. gmann

gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    I tried the GT 6B a couple of days ago and thought it was fine for what I need. I'm buyin' it.

5. I've been wanting to check one out. I'll tow along my friend that's a GT-5 user (guitar) cause he'll know more about how the GT series is setup. It'd be way difficult to figure the thing out in the store.

6. gmann

gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    It actually wasn't that hard to figure out. I've never used a GT series multi before and I just sat down with it for about 20 min. and was able to use it. Now, keep in mind that what I was able to do was dial up the factory presets which for me was acceptable. I know that once I get it home and fiddle with it I'll be able to program what I need. Initialy I wanted to hear if the given fx w/ the 6B were as good as the Boss BF-2 flanger the Boss Super Chorus and the EBS Octabass. The other fx to me are gravey which I'll work with later. I was, up to this point, satisfied with what I heard. Besides I have 30 days to take it back for a refund and get individual pedals if need be.

7. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I think I'll give one of these a try when they finally make it over here. I bought a Bass POD Pro last year - ooops. Not quite what I was looking for. I was more looking for a multi effects unit - not an amp modeller. In fairness, I'll probably keep the POD for recording. But I am keen on the GT-6B, I gather it has some amp modelling abilities itself!