Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GT-6B

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by xXMunchXx, Mar 7, 2005.

1. xXMunchXx

xXMunchXx

Jan 16, 2005
    i have a Boss GT-6B bass effects Procceser. and i am having trouble trying to find out how to record to my new midi sound card ( i have put the midi from my procceser to my midi card and i have a couple programs to try and record with, but i dont know how.... like i cant get direct sound onto the com with midi? do i have to buy a usb or firewire interface???? I WASTED MY MONEY THOSE (MODERATOR EDIT:- LOVELY PEOPLE) AT SAM ASH DONT TAKE CHANGES!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH **** $ 200 on a CARD I CANT USE (HELP!!)) :crying: :bawl: :eek: :scowl: :mad:

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    C'mon guys, you know the rules about swearing. If you MUST do it should be FULLY masked. Don't worry, we'll still know what you mean.

3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Thats the problem with ├╝berpedalboards, it takes a couple of weeks before you've figured it all out, so don't panic right away..

4. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    If you are trying to record with MIDI on the GT-6B - I don't think it's possible. That MIDI is for sending/receiving Program Changes (Patch Changes) and maybe something else, but it's definitely NOT sending note on/off, pitches through there. You'll need a roland midi pickup and a V-Bass or GR-33 for that (and even then you'll only be recording the performance not the audio).

You can probably use the Digital out into your soundcard though if it has a digital input.... or you'll need an interface like a MOTU 828 or something.

5. xXMunchXx

xXMunchXx

Jan 16, 2005
    thats what i was thinking but sam ash cant rturn my other sound card that i bought (midi adn S/PDIF in/out). The old guy said that was digital (LIAR).......

I need to read....... :crying:

i wanna get digital now but idk how to get my money back for that while still getting a digital! pay 100 bucks more.

6. Yes, the midi ports on the GT6B are for MIDI control, not recording. Why don't you tell us a bit more about what it is that you are trying to achieve?

Furthermore, the fact that the equipment is digital definitely does not imply that it can be used to track MIDI. What you have at the moment is a setup that can be used both to control the GT6B from your computer, and to record the GT6B, using its digital output, to your computer - this is not an undesirable configuration by any means: it obviously is just not what you wanted. Once again, some elaboration would be helpful here.

Perhaps a bit more research would have done us all a bit of good.

7. xXMunchXx

xXMunchXx

Jan 16, 2005
    im trying to record my bass playing so i can dispay it on my site and add it to my friends music. thats all i really want.

8. xXMunchXx

xXMunchXx

Jan 16, 2005
    um is anyone gonna respond ???

PLZZZ!!!!

9. As far as I know, what you should do is the following: run the digital output from your GT6B to the digital input on your new soundcard. I think you need a coaxial cable to do this.

10. xXMunchXx

xXMunchXx

Jan 16, 2005
    i did that lol and now i need a mixer lol....