Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GT-7... man i love this thing

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eric Cioe, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    ive had it for about 6 months now.. i sold the last of my 4 strings this weekend (MIM P for $240.... i ripped the guy off lol)

i just wanted to let everyone who's considering extended range... go for it :D :cool:

2. After having my poor technique really mess me up on a 6, I'm too scared to even look at a 7! Heck, I can't even get the hang of 5 strings (or 4 for that matter) yet!

I'm glad you're digging it, though! :D

3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    yeah... i dunno some people are good with 4 and more power to em... but i like 7.... :D:D:D

4. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    four is enough for me thanks :D

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, untill a Modulus Q6 grabbed my attention and Brad showed his Brubaker off...I was going to get a matched set of GT-7s, one fretted, one fretless...

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've got a GT-BD7 and I love it. Haven't learned how to do any decent slapping on it yet, but fingerstyle is great and the slap stuff will come.

7. Aircraft carrier necks are not for the small of hand...or even those of use with decently-sized hands. I agree with the 'tude that if it floats yer boat, go for it. Nothin' beyond a broadneck 5 for me, thanks.

8. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    tell it to john turner

9. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    actually turner's hands are small... you know what that means :eek: ;)

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, but turner's italian, which more than makes up for the small fingers. :D

11. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    hahahahaha, yeah john, you keep telling yourself that... ;) and stay the hell out of my thread! ;) you know every thread you go to automatically turns into a john turner thread ;)

big ;) on the whole post thus far

anyway... i love this bass.... anyone whos thinking about going ultra range should check this out:)

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    So your really good sauces and pastas make up for the small fingers? Hu. basses, AND a good cook...who'da thunk?

13. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    I played a GT-7 for about an hour at a music store, I wanted to buy it so bad. When I get enough money thats what I plan to buy.

14. The price for that thing almost seems too good to be true! I am going to spend a lot of time thinking about getting one for myself someday.

15. More strings on a bass... makes a gu*tar. Just 5 for me. :D

EBP

16. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that's funny coming from a guy who's "current gass" is a 6 string yamaha myung sig. ;)

17. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    No, they're talking about. . .uh, nevermind.

18. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    That's cool, Eric. How do you make use of the ultra range?

Congrats. :)

19. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    well angus... right now, in moderation. im not diving all over the fingerboard all the time just yet... most of what i play could be played on a 5, to quote JT.

our band has a new song in D minor that i am wanking through the whole thing, its kinda fun. :D i do keep it in moderation though... for now :D

20. Now I am not only obsessing over getting one of these, I actually had a dream last night about having one of my own. Just sitting in my living room playing one and thinking that I finally had 'the bass!' They really have to be some of the coolest looking basses going.

I think I saw that our own TB 'stefeb' won one on ebay! Could that be the same 'stefeb' who was just showing off his Cort?

Good luck with it -