Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GT STB-1 Preamp......

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chaoslord, Mar 19, 2001.

1. I know that this pre was made from 87ish til 95 or 96 in cooperation with SWR. Beyond that I don't have much knowledge about it or any experience with it.

I have a friend who is also a bass player and I can get this preamp from him for $200 since he has one that he isn't using. I have seen it and he assures me that it is in good condition and has even offered to pay to have it gone over by a local amp tech.

Now if these are good and reliable preamps then it could save me some money as I am in the process of upgrading my rig.

Any info, links, pictures, etc. would be very much apreciated.

Thanks.

2. The GT preamp is almost identical to the preamps of the SWR PB-200, Studio 220, sm400, sm400s, and somewhat identical to the most current model , the sm500. I believe the GT model has the SWR aural enhancer, bass, treble, 4-band semi parametric equalizer, gain, master volume, and effects loop (I don't think its a side fx loop). The equalizer is very effective and sounds great overall. It has that classic SWR sound. Um... its 2 rack spaces and black. That's it 4 now.