1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GT6 Delay between effect and original sound

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by toskidus, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Is there anyone of us who ever record in the same time the GT6 boss and the direct signal of the basses ?

I have discover it when i have recorded the two signal in my cubase software (marian marc4 sound card):
    a strange effect of delay appears and i have detect a difference of 5 ms between the signals ( obtain with xlr output of the gt6)

2. temporalbassist

temporalbassist

Aug 10, 2005
    Here's my question to help you out: Are you plugging the effects pedal into your amp, and taking the signal from your pedal and your amp at the same time? Or are you talking about the direct level and the effect level being divided by two outputs of the Boss?

The problem you may be running into (regardless of what you're doing) is that the XLR output from the GT6B will be a different signal than if you're using a 1/4 inch cable (regular instrument cable) to do two inputs at the same time. There would be a small delay in doing this. Also with recording stuff, the best way to get two signals... is to do them seperately.

Post some more answers and indepth info here, I have a lot of experience with that unit and I'd be glad to help you :D.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

There's always a short delay with digital effects but nowhere near 5 ms.
    I think you're experiencing a phase shifting problem.

4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Maybe not with individual stomps, but I've heard that 5ms is about "standard" :( on multies. I believe Line 6 even mentions the 5ms delay in their manual for the POD.

5. tappingtrance

tappingtrance Cooke Harvey Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Also, one questioin is what are you tracking to? If you are playing to a drum machine that is also being midied in you are faced with the question of what is delayed - the drums or bass - but interestingly it would seemed the bass would be early from the GT 6B XLR outputs on the tape, not delayed - a mic on the amp would be delayed - you should mic it and see where the two signals fall. [if i understand the question]