Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GT6B: which amps are modelled??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Berten, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Berten

Berten

Jun 6, 2002
    Belgium
    Does anyone knows which amps are recreated in the GT6B (Ampeg, Bassman, SWR???)

Thanks

If there are any thougt on the GT6B, post them. I might buy me one in the near future.

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Ok here goes, flip top-models the ampeg B-15. B man models fender bassman 100. Bass 360 models acoustic 360. T.E. models trace elliot ah600smx. Session models SWR SM-400. Concert 810 models ampeg SVT. As for speakers- 1x15 Trace Elliot 1518. 1x18 SWR Big Ben. 2x15 acoustic 402. 4x10 SWR Goliath. 8x10 ampeg 810E. and original for built-in speaker for amp selected in type.

3. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    To epand on this, could anyone give examples of tunes these amps were used on? I've virtually made up my mind to get one of these (zoom's died, and come into a bit of money) and I'd just like to try out a few riffs using the appr models to see how close they are.

4. Don't get too hung up on the amp models. They only sound good in a studio. A simulated amp played through another amp won't do much good for the total sound.

My humble opinion. Having played with Boss amp models.

5. Berten

Berten

Jun 6, 2002
    Belgium
    I was just wondering!! What you says is logical!

6. hellboy

hellboy

Nov 5, 2002
    No, it won't, because you'd be using it wrong. You can use the GT-6B as a pre-amp (turn SPEAKER off) and run it through a power amp and cab. Or you can turn the cab simulation on and run it direct into a PA. Or, if you already have an amp, you can leave the amp simulation off and just use it as a multi-fx pedal. A simulated amp into another amp doesn't make any more sense than a real amp into another real amp, but if you know what you're doing the GT-6B will sound great in the studio OR on the stage.

7. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    personally.. the amp models sound great on my
    gt-6... i run it through my mixer and use my bass amp for a moniter..
    i use a jc-120 for my bass amp.. its trebbly and i can get an actually bass tone out of a guitar amp..
    =D
    It sounds good if you set your amp on flat.. but sounding good.. well that kind of a personal thing and it probably depends on the amp..
    Im gonna get the gt-6b someday.. well maybe the gt-7b if it comes out... then ill probably get it
    the gt-7 comes out.. someday soon i hear..
    I like the gt-6 though and the gt-6b... i might just get a M-80 or a Sansamp though. Cause I really dont use any effects on bass anymore. hell..maybe a pod..=X

8. tinfoil

tinfoil

Oct 20, 2002
    Canada
    Actually, I use the Session model in most of my patches. It seems to work well. My Laney doesn't seem to add much colouration to the sound.

9. tinfoil

tinfoil

Oct 20, 2002
    Canada
    I wouldn't get my hopes up for the 7B. Bass effects units don't sell nearly as many units so they will drag the 6B line on a good, long time.

10. I've got something to add to this... What effects are on the GT6B and what parameters can you tweek with?

11. tinfoil

tinfoil

Oct 20, 2002
    Canada
    Whoah, that would be a small novel. The effects are:

individual effects:
    Comp/Lim
    OD/Dist
    Chorus
    Rev/Delay
    Preamp
    3 Band ParaEQ
    Speaker Sim
    Wah

Combined fx1:
    Octave
    Enhancer (fantastic)
    Slow Gear
    Defretter
    Ring Mod

Combined FX 2:
    Phaser
    Flanger
    Harmonist
    Pitch Shifter
    Pedal Bend
    2x2 Chorus (Chorus with a crossover, very cool)
    Auto Slap (stupid)
    Short Delay
    Vibrato
    Humanizer
    Tremelo/Pan
    Bass Synth.

The settings depend on the model used for many effects. The session amp model has all the same settings as a session amp and the flip top has the same settings as the real flip top. Same for Comp, OD/Dist Speaker Sim, Wah and possibly chorus (I forget).

If there are any you're insterested in, let me know and I will break out the settings for ya, but the individual settings for each model/effect would be a very long list. It is really quite customisable.

12. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Dunno about that, my fave local shop couldn't get hold of one for me till at least the start of next year, Boss simply can't make em fast enough for the demand. I had to buy one from the other shop that I'm not as keen to part my money with.

Also at the Music Live 2002 show, on the SoundControl stand (major music shop in the UK) they had loads of GT6's, Zooms, and Korg's but I saw only one GT6B. I asked them why, just out of curiosity, and they said the same thing, Boss can't prduce them fast enough.

13. tinfoil

tinfoil

Oct 20, 2002
    Canada
    I could be wrong. I know I didn't have much of a problem getting mine, even up here in Canada, when the were first released. I had to pay for shipping, but such is life. Could be now that they are out and have been out for a little while more people are snapping them off, but wait for awhile. Or perhaps Boss was under the same impression that I was, that bass units don't sell nearly as much because a large number of bassists play with a compressor and maybe a chorus only.

*shrug*