Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by christle, Aug 7, 2005.

1. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I just got myself a Boss GT6B pedal board and I am quite enjoying it. Most of the presets are, well...unusable IMO. I have found a few of them that are very nice. My question is more derived from sheer curiousity.

What presets or custom setting are most people using on these unit?

If you are using a POD product feel free to chip in as well.

2. hi,
    I don't use any of the presets.
    Programmed all I need to 3 patches and renamed them.
    BTW: There's a new problem coming up now with my GT6B.
    Using the Preamp/Speaker models always distorts my signal, sounds terrible.

3. christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I will probably do that as well, but I will likely keep the two or three presets I like just for fun. What amazes me is how many of the presets use distortion - yuk.

4. Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Just bought one.
    I have the same problem...
    what is it?? :meh:
  5. christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I don't use the speaker emulation as much, I turn it down and that seems to help.
  6. hello!
    I have fixed that problem now! Now it sounds really nice! The problem is, if you engage the Preamp/speaker the present settings are set much too high!
    I have done the following:
    turn on "preamp", then press "Parameter >" and set GAIN to a minimum, until the signal is clean, I have set it at ~35.
    You also have to turn back bass,mid and treble to "-...?"
    Then set the overall level as needed.
    I hope it will work!

7. Micolao

Sep 7, 2005

Thank you very much!!!!
    Really appreciate! ;) :hyper:
  8. mines in the mail. i had a pod but my comp shiz the bed so i sold it.ill see whats up with it, i bought my pod in like 99 never really liked it. i like the boss stuff tho i got all the boss singles but i just want one unit,its like 5 bucks a battiey.

its it user friendly?
    wah pedal or no didnt really look,if so how is it
  9. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I have one but haven't played with it much. How realistic would it be to have those that have customized a setting to descripe setting and provide set for GT6B?

Sharing ideas would help me get up to speed on mine and actually use the darned thing.

Thanks for the tip on the distortion problem. That would be one of the reasons I haven't bothered to use it. Although these days all I really want is a reverb, a good wah/filter and octaver. Should have gone with separate pedals at the outset.
  10. IMO the factory presents are quite unuseable, but it isn't very hard to create your own!

It has got wah, but it sucks.
    And so do distortion and synthesizer, imo...and this very bad sound on sound recording function.
    but I like reverb, delay, octaver and all the modulation stuff...
    so it was a good buy for me. and for distortion and wah I will get something other.