GTX club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by aquamentus, Apr 21, 2014.

1. aquamentus

aquamentus

Apr 15, 2005
    Keokuk, IA
    I've looked and I haven't seen a club praising all things GTX. I just pickup up this little beauty the other day and I'm currently making some changes. image.jpg

2. aquamentus

aquamentus

Apr 15, 2005
    Keokuk, IA
    No love for the GTX's at all!!! Anyway, here's the bass now. Fixed the warped neck, put on block inlays, new knobs, thumb rest, bridge cover, painted the pick guard (the red tortoise shell one I ordered didn't fit) and put in a great sounding Bill Lawrence pickup. Also, attempted to "relic" the body. I know, be nice now. This thing played and sounded horrible when I got it. Now it's a pretty good playing, gig worthy bass.

Attached Files:

3. joelx817

joelx817

Aug 13, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Hey.. I still have my GTX from the mid 90's. Don't gig with it any more, but it was a beast. Definitely has that 90's pop sound to it. Here's a video of it in action.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021