1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guaranteed to terrorize gui****s and annoy soundmen:

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by georgestrings, Oct 30, 2010.

1. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    I picked this up on thursday:

PH810-1.

2. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    The back:

PH810-2.

3. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Came with a nice cover:

PH810wcover.

4. Ahhhhh. The cab of my Dreams. If i didnt know i can't afford this for so long i would be having a major onslaught of GAS right now. Anyway, very nice choice, what head is it being paired with?

Liam

5. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    With my rack on top:

810rig.

6. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    Awesome.

7. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Aug 16, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Did it come with a pair of Roadies?

Nice, dude.

8. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    I got it from the GC in Springfield, NJ - for $800 plus tax... This cab is in practically brand new condition, and still has around 4 years of warranty left... I spent all day on the road to get it(500mile round trip), and it cost another $90 in gas to pick it up in my F150, but I still think I made out OK...

Both my bands have 2 gui****s with half stacks, one with a Triple Rec, the other with a 6505+, so this *should* help me hear myself better... I already have a PH610 - which I'm keeping - and it got the job done, but for that price I couldn't resist... I've used an SVT810e with these bands before, and could hear myself OK, but it lacked the depth and clarity of my Mesa - so I'm figuring that a Mesa 810 *should* be the best of both worlds...

On the bright side - one of the gui****s hauls our backline, so *most* of the time, I won't even be transporting it...

- georgestrings

9. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

Mesa Big Block 750 for now, although I'm thinking about trading that for an M-pulse 600... I also have a 700rb-II that sounds great with any of my cabs...

- georgestrings

10. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

Thanks - tonight is it's gigging debut: my band is headlining a slammin' Halloween party... Funny thing is, we have an opener - so someone else will be gigging it before me, hahaha!!!

- georgestrings

11. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

Our backline gets hauled in a big truck, so moving it is no big deal... I'm of the opinion that I play for 4-5 hours at a gig, and move gear for less than 15 minutes - so I don't mind moving whatever I like to play thru, since it makes my evening more enjoyable to play thru a great rig...

- georgestrings

12. Beautiful! Congratulations.

13. bassist343

bassist343

Feb 8, 2010
    Sweet!!!!!!

14. How about a picture of the PH610 + PH810 side by side?

15. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    looks pretty brutal.

16. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    could you turn that picture down, please? you're wrecking the mix in my living room :hyper:
    geez, why would you want to do that? less power but more knobs?

17. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Well, the new cab totally kicked ass last night - I could hear myself really well, with a reduced Master volume from my usual setting... I asked the guitarist next to me if I was too loud, and he said I was fine - so, maybe just having the extra pair of tens up higher will make a nice difference...

I could definitely hear myself clearer in the band mix - which was my only complaint about the BB750 - it sounds great by itself, but has a tendency to disappear in a band mix, and gets a bit gritty at a lower volume than I'd prefer...

My BB750 still has the original Mesa tubes in it - I'm thinking that maybe some different tubes might coax a little cleaner headroom out of it... I really like it's warmth, but wish it would stay a tiny bit cleaner at *my* volume - maybe some new JJ's would help with that...

The gig went great - big, enthusiastic crowd, lots of hot chicks wearing great costumes, and nice pay - 'gotta love Halloween!!!

- georgestrings

18. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

Thanks...

- georgestrings

19. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

Thanks, also...

- georgestrings

20. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

Yeah, I probably should've taken one like that before dropping it off for gigging - now, it's in the truck with the rest of our gigging backline... I'll take some like that sooner or later, though - and I'll be sure to post them when I do...

- georgestrings