1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gub'ment job pay grades question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by crockpot2001, Mar 3, 2010.

1. I've applied for several open medical positions with the military in Asia. I noticed that my eligibility listing on their tracking site has me as pay grade G-11 on one listing but G-2 on another. It looks like G-11 is in line with my experience and income but G-2 baffles me.

Is there no correlation between the two? Is there another scale?

Thanks

2. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    A typo? Supposed to be G-12?

3. Not sure on the typo. It's possible. I feel I've had them make too many corrections for their errors already. It's been one silly goof after another.
    1. They said I'm not qualified for the openings....oh wait, yes I am.
    2. No location preference noted...oh wait, you mean the 3x's it is on every document?
    3. I'm listed as eligible for jobs that closed 2 years ago.

4. As a Government employee, I would guess it's a typo and they meant GS-12. GS-2 makes no sense.

5. I hear two for typo so typo it is. Yea, GS-12! It just means more bass toyz!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020