Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guerilla Show for New Years

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by evilbrian9, Dec 30, 2002.

1. hey guys, my band is doing the ballsiest thing ever, we are setting up on the corner of one of the big intersections (remember i live in roswell, only a few big intersections) and playing a show tomorrow night. we are flyering cars and hanging signs and emailing. its gonna kick ass. now, heres my question to anyone whos done this before, what do i need to know if cops come? i look very young even though i just turned 18 so im leaving my ID in my car and my dad manages the 10 story office building whose power we are using so i can say i have consent (otherwise i wouldnt have keys right?) what else...

2. Ummm, would that be a wise thing to do? I've never done that before but I have performed a couple of lion dances (Chinese martial arts) on sidewalks before. A major problem was fitting on the sidewalk. First, you have your gear. Second, you have the audience. Third, you have the pissed off pedestrians who are trying to get around the crowd.

Not trying to discourage you but you will find there will be space problems if the sidewalk is small. Your gear may get knocked over and damaged or stolen. Watch out!

3. Bring bail money.

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

You will need a permit to do that. Its called noise pollution to some and music to others.

If its a private party on private land it would probably be ok, public needs a little more work to pull of.

I think maybe you should have done some homework before the day before this show.

Good luck!!

5. Bada bump.

Evilbrian9, did you play that show? How did it go?

Heh heh...funny thing happened. I've been running an ad in the newspaper for the last few weeks and on New Year's Eve, some dude called me and said he needed players that night. :rolleyes:

6. yeah, i played the new years show, it went without a hitch. the place has a huge sidewalk its 30 feet to the parking spaces in front of the builiding, we played for 45 min no cops showed up or anything. one of the biggest intersections 3 blocks from the police station... nothing. i was ready to get arrested. i will post some pics once i get them back. we are interested in doing more shows like this for other holidays. im talking to an atorny about the local sound stuff to see what the reprocussions will be next time. later

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

Just use your alien mind powers on the cops if they show up next time....unless the cops are the aliens. Either way your bound to get probed eventually. ;)

8. well i just turned 18 and everyone else in my band is 17 but i look really young so i was just going to leave my ID in my car and give them a fake name if they want to take someone to jail. i look like im twelve. theres a pic of me on bunny bass in the players section with my last band where i look like an avid spongebob fan or somthing... i was 17 then.