Guess the bassist!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DWBass, Jul 23, 2004.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Here's a bass solo by a well known contemporary jazz bassist. Some may recognize him and many will not. Just the same, homeboy literally puts on a clinic!

Bass Solo
  2. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Parts of it sound like different people hehe, Imma guess...uhh...Scott something? lol
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

:eyebrow: No cheating! ;)
  4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

5. Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Is it Scott Ambush from Spyro Gyra?
  6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Damn, sorry I don't have a prize for you! You are correct sir!! This was recorded about 12 years ago at the North Sea Jazz Festival.
  7. kcdbass

Feb 27, 2002
    New Jersey
    Former Sales/Web, Sadowsky Guitars
    thanks so much for posting that. can i get this on CD anywhere? dude is a monster.
  8. Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    I've been listening to the new Spyro Gyra album a lot, lately. Love his playing. Mostly simple, song-supporting work, but his tone and presence are amazing.

Thanks for posting the song - worth listening to over and over!
  9. Yeah, I'm a huge Spyro fan too...Scott's a great bassist. I use alot of his stuff for headphone practice as it stretches me so much. When I grow up I wanna play just like him, lol!!
  10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Probably one of the best bassists many folks have never heard of! The new cd is off the hook. I think it's their best yet! Live, he's got another solo on the tune 'The Deep End' that is equally amazing! I don't think there is a recording of it!! I'm hoping something shows up on the internet!

By the way, I have the entire tune here. Just look in the Spyro Gyra folder.