1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Guess the bassist!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DWBass, Jul 23, 2004.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Here's a bass solo by a well known contemporary jazz bassist. Some may recognize him and many will not. Just the same, homeboy literally puts on a clinic!

Enjoy.

Bass Solo

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Parts of it sound like different people hehe, Imma guess...uhh...Scott something? lol

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

:eyebrow: No cheating! ;)

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

*Bump* :bag:

5. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Is it Scott Ambush from Spyro Gyra?

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Damn, sorry I don't have a prize for you! You are correct sir!! This was recorded about 12 years ago at the North Sea Jazz Festival.

7. kcdbass

kcdbass

Feb 27, 2002
    New Jersey
    Former Sales/Web, Sadowsky Guitars
    thanks so much for posting that. can i get this on CD anywhere? dude is a monster.

8. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    I've been listening to the new Spyro Gyra album a lot, lately. Love his playing. Mostly simple, song-supporting work, but his tone and presence are amazing.

Thanks for posting the song - worth listening to over and over!

9. Yeah, I'm a huge Spyro fan too...Scott's a great bassist. I use alot of his stuff for headphone practice as it stretches me so much. When I grow up I wanna play just like him, lol!!

10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Probably one of the best bassists many folks have never heard of! The new cd is off the hook. I think it's their best yet! Live, he's got another solo on the tune 'The Deep End' that is equally amazing! I don't think there is a recording of it!! I'm hoping something shows up on the internet!

By the way, I have the entire tune here. Just look in the Spyro Gyra folder.