1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

guess the pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by theunknowndude, Apr 12, 2009.

1. theunknowndude

theunknowndude Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Adelaide, Australia
    Hi guys,...

got bored today and recorded my instrumental peice id been working on for a while... anyone want to guess the pedals?

I must say im rather happy how it turned out even though sloppy in sections :(

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=943375&content=music

the song is Violet Penumbra take 1 (noise deconstruction was just me messing with my noisebox and delay and distortions/wah behind it... )

2. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Well, I feel like I'm about to ask a potentially fat lady if she's pregnant...

What was your recording method? It seems like I can very faintly here in the way background what I'm supposed to hear, but through my speakers all I'm getting is blown out noise, like playing through a few pedals with the resonance maxed and overloading the hell out of my speakers. If I'm way off then please no offense intended, but is it possible there's something wrong with the recording? 'Noise Destruction' comes through way clearer (although I hear clipping there as well) so Im pretty sure I'm not hearing what you intended. I get the same wild clipping sounds all the way through, so I can even begin to guess what pedals were used other than a fuzz I suppose.

3. theunknowndude

theunknowndude Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Adelaide, Australia
    hmm ill take a listen,...

point and record with my Zoom H4... that said I may have had the mic level up too far and had clipping going on, wasnt really playing where I normally do, semi empty 'ex garage now recreation room' so may have been extra boomy from that...

hey like I said, I'll take any criticism, can only learn from mistakes aye :)

ok taking another listen,... its PS-3 with full effect on and double octave ups (not full octave up, can't remember exact setting but hence very warbly) through Pd7 (which I'm hating at the moment, can't get it to play nicely with other effects without getting excess hiss etc),... and modulated delay... your right it does sound very bad :( think have to redo this one!!! I'm thinking of putting the trubo rat back on at least until the TZ fuzz comes in,... really not happy with the PD7 right now!!!

noise deconstruction ended up being more like constant fuzz with occasionally being able to hear the synthy bit/changes with wah pedal and what not, strangely enough comes out alot better,...

hmmm still thanks for pointing all this out to me!