1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guess those pedals (help needed)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by elennare, Mar 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. elennare

elennare

Apr 7, 2012
    Berlin
    Hey there!

I recently came across the pedalboard of the bass player of Oranssi pazuzu. Had the chance to see them live last week and I was very impressed by that guy's tone. It sticked out in the mixed with amazing definition.

Could you help me identify some of the pedals in his pedalboard? I see a boss tuner, EBS compressor, ls-2 splitter and a RAT, but the ones on the low row (up in the image) are unknown to me. The one on the right looks like a boss, though. Halp? :)

[​IMG]

Cheers

2. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    The bigger one is a Black Arts Toneworks Pharoah

CHILDISHGAMBINO likes this.
  3. elennare

elennare

Apr 7, 2012
    Berlin
    Wow, those eyes! :)

I kind of believe the boss on the left might be a compression sustainer cs3.

4. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

That or their bass chorus.

5. blizward

blizward

Feb 21, 2013
    Rennes - France
    Definitely a Pharoah and I'd say an MI Audio Polyanna Octave pedal for the one with a row of four small pots.

EDIT: Not a Polyanna since the pots aren't in the right place. Close but not it.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  6. blizward

blizward

Feb 21, 2013
    Rennes - France
    The light is tricky it's hard to tell the original color.
    Kinda reminds me of that:
    hqdefault.

If the knobs are original, I'd go for a Chorus Ensemble or Bass Chorus because A: they're two of the only with black knobs on black faceplate and: B it makes sense on a bass board.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  7. blizward

blizward

Feb 21, 2013
    Rennes - France
    CHILDISHGAMBINO likes this.
  8. An odd choice on bass...every screamer or screamer clone I've used on bass was really thin and trebbly with a lot of bottom end loss. The stock circuit has a High pass filter set for about 140hz...which is a bass tone such for sure. I wonder if he is splitting his signal, crunching the high end and then mixing it back in again later?

9. elennare

elennare

Apr 7, 2012
    Berlin
    With that ls-2 and having heard them live, I would say yes. They play kind of atmospheric black metal (duh? Yes, i know) and have frenzy moments here and there with lots of weird distortion. Which fits with that pedal, as far as I can heard :)

Wow guys, thank you so much! At the end, it was pretty much a stoner rock kinda pedalboard (split, fuzz, dirt and some modulation) but worth the exercise :)

10. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    That's a Boss Line Selector, upper left.