Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guess what!!? Another BOMBing in my country

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by arvidgunardi, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Hey guys,

We thought that terrorism are diminishing as we speak in my country, but just as I was attending my church service, we were told that our church member was in the Jakarta International airport domestic arrival, and a bomb blasted in a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant. No fatalities, but my church member was impacted with minor bruises, and his baby sitter's leg was blown off!

I don't know what to say man, sometimes people are so demonised that they're driven to do such an inhumane things to prove what?! No one came and claim responsibilites....bunch of idiot!

I know it's done by those groups of people (I'm not going to mention names), but why do these people always do things like that!? The police says that the most probable suspects are either muslim separatists from Aceh, Sumatra (ironic considering Indonesia in a muslim country) or Jemaah Islamiah! A couple of JI fanatics were arrested a while ago in Indonesia, and the police are thinking it could be them. And the even more ironic stuff is that most of the victims are usually Muslims as well; other than the all the church bombings that happen on 2001 of course. Muslim Separatists in a muslim country!!!??

I'm sorry to bring out this sad news to everyone.

2. Bad luck, dood. These are bad times for all of us, not just the people involved in all the conflict.

i think people here (i'm really talking the Western countries) are way too complacent about these sorts of threats. They say they're taking drastic action against it, but all we get is pamphlets and glossy magazines and fridge magnets telling us to be "alert but not alarmed". (those under John howard's government will know which magnets i'm on about).

It does seem odd, as well, that the Muslims (if it really is them) are inflicting this upon themselves - I guess it never ends.

:( :bawl:

3. Yikes dude, thats terrible. Hopefully there are no fatalities.

At least you're ok.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    My, what a dreary point of view. These are great times for me and pretty much all of my friends.

Also, I think Westerners, particularly Americans, are making too big a deal over these threats. They have existed for years, and just because a few attacks have occurred here lately doesn't mean it was safer then than it is now. This whole "Homeland Security" thing is a gargantuan boondoggle. We, as taxpayers, are going to spend tons of money to increase our security only marginally, if at all. The beneficiaries of this spending will be those who figure out how to exploit the government in all the new construction and other programs.

The world always has been a risky place. Get used to it.

5. I agree with Munji.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened, but I'm glad no one was seriously hurt.

6. I woulda thought a little girl having her leg blown off could be concidered as being seriously hurt.