Guess what came in the mail today?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Antipop, Apr 6, 2004.

1. so I am at work and this package arrive....

my new high tech welding shield.... NICE

about 15 minutes later, the UPS man comes back....

A Peavey Cirrus 6 from Edmonton...

thanks Reed

I tell you what, these things are just so easy to play...

only used it on a cheap amp and it sounds good... I hope the Ampeg treats it nice

Sorry about the Oilers btw.
  2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Sounds like a good score. Walnut top?
  3. Oh ho! The UPS driver came bearing gifts! Sounds like a nice one too!
  4. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Come on now, you know the rules. It doesn't count if you don't have the pics.

Just kidding.
    Congrats on the new bass Antipop.
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Dig it. :cool: I'm pretty happy with the Peavey I just got in the mail, I hope you enjoy yours.
  6. now all I need is a fretless one

these things are so nice to play... I don't think my spector will get much playing time anymore, but it is good to have a backup... but I still feel bad for it. Idea... posting a message in the wanted for a Cirrus 6 fretless
  7. PICTURES! i want pictures lol. And also whats your tuning? im assuming standard B-E-A-D-G-C?
  8. That gave me a pretty good laugh!

Oh and nice score Antipop!
  9. BEADGC is how I have it

sounds nice, could use better mids, but that I can fix on the amp

I'll resize the other ones tomorrow, need sleep
  10. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I have played a walnut 4 and 6 fretted; both were great. One thing I noticed about them is they sound great with minimal/no tweaking. Unlike other active preamp basses which need a ton of tweaking to get acceptable tone.

The four string was the only active pre bass I have ever considered buying.
  11. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Mmmm. Walnut. (salivates)
  12. Yeah, I'm the one who gave up this bass. It's a sweet little machine no doubt, and it was tough to let go. But I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did. I just don't want to hear of any projects of yours where you have to use the welding shield and the Cirrus together...

And yes, a moment of silence for my Oilers... :bawl:
  13. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    The only Cirrus I've played was a Cirrus 5 with an Aguilar OPB-3 Preamp. One of the best basses i've ever played/heard. We compared it with a standard Cirrus 5 with the Stock PV Pre, and the difference was AMAZING. The Aguilar was so punchy and warm, and the stock pre was just boring and sounded muffled. Try putting an OBP-3 in there-it's a huge, great difference.