Guess what came today...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Mar 14, 2005.

1. So my band and I are getting into the car to go to practice and I call my dad and ask him if my bass came today...his answer of course was "Yes, but you'll have to find it." So we go straight to my house and after about 5 minutes of looking I found it. Opened the box, tore off all the wrapping paper, jumped back into the car and off we went to practice.

When we get there I change the strings on it to some EB Regular Slinkys and tune it up. First song we play is our old time favorite that we finally finished tonight and are done screwing around with.

Well lets just say that this tone is what I've been looking for for a long time. Maple fingerboard, jazz pickups....MMMMM!

So now you are probably wondering what bass this is that could be so cool, play so well and sound amazing...

SX Vintage Series Jazz. Cost me $120 shipped and it's better sounding than any of my other basses and any of the (dare I say it?) Music Man/Ibanez/Peavey/Yamaha basses that I have ever played.

I think I found my new love.

I'll get pics up soon (once I find the camera) and once I decide to bring a cable home I'll get sound clips if anyone is interested in hearing me play horribly behind this awesome tone.

WOW! For some reason this even sounds better than the one I had before with the Fender CS60s pickups in it. This BLEW ME AWAY!

Now before I die of shock due to the fact that I'm in love the most I ever have been, I'll end this thread.

2. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Settle down, Tyler! Deeeeeep breeeaaths, okay? ;)

I'm just messin' with ya. Congrats on the new gear. :)

Do get some pics.
  3. i'm glad you found your perfect bass man, always good to hear. and hey at 120 who could ever beat that?
  4. Here are some pics. Not the best ones, but I can't take a picture to save my life. I love the sunburst on this.

5. WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    I was thinking of getting one too, glad to hear they sound good.
    I just hope they dont vary too much on construction quality.
  6. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    Mmm, looking good. Real ash body?
  7. darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    I see it has a white pickguard and white inlays. Where did you purchase this beauty?
  8. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Congrats Tyler :D

another one slides over to the dark side of SX :bag:
  9. looks really nice man, where did you get it from? anyone know any good canadian links for one of these babies?
  10. I didn't see one like that on Rondo's site. I would be interested in seeing where to get one of those shipped for $120.
  11. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    He got it from Whafrodamus, I think.
  12. I had one exactly like this before and the build quality was the same on it. These ones are solidly built.

It's as tight as the one I had before. Not saying that the one I got from you was bad, but this one seems to just sound better. Could be that I have my GK/Hartke rig now instead of the Peavey/Hartke, so that very well could possibly be the reason. The electronics on this one are silent and clean and it sounds amazing. And yes, it's as heavey as before. And new stuff to come once we finish it all up. We finally finished that one song, "Strobe" and so we have to finish "Fat Jesus" and "Hooked On Phonics" and I think "Tornado" and we will record our demo. Hopefully sometime this week or next *hopefully*.

I got it from Whafrodamus here on TB. I'm actually considering changing out the white pickguard to a red tort like I did on the other one I had owned.

Honestly, I haven't seen one like this on Rondo's site either at all. I think they had them on there for a short period of time and sold out quick, but I'm not too sure.

Been there a couple times, nothing new :p Hopefully I'll be in the club for longer than I had been, because I'm really feeling this bass.
  13. We don't get SX basses over here unfortunately. If we did, I bet all those people using Squires would soon stop using them and make the switch to SX, from what people have said about them, and the sheer look of them....they look beastly.
  14. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Yes we do, only they're called something else. Jim Deacon.
  15. Go here and click on "Bass Guitars" ....I play a "Sector" :) but you guy's seemed interested in these......
  16. I know!!!! ...........SPECTOR!
  17. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004

Attached Files:

18. That'd be the one...
  19. aspire

aspire Guest

Dec 28, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    That's one hot looking bass. I want it. What model is it? Where did you purchase it?