Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

guess what i found...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rafterman, Jul 21, 2001.

1. i found some guy selling an L-2000 for HALF its retail price.

I'm the same guy that went crazy over the USA Fender Jazz bass. So what do you guys think (Nino), should i go for the $600 used G&L L-2000, or the brand new USA Fender Jazz Bass which goes from $850-$909???....lol

hey Nino tell me more about the L-2000...

2. oo0o00o0oo

oo0o00o0oo

Apr 30, 2000
    Chicago
    I like the L-2000 more than Fender Jazz's. And at that price it's a good deal.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    All I can do is give you my opinion.

<font size=5 color=red><b>IF YOU PASS THIS DEAL, YOU'LL KICK YOURSELF IN THE REAR EVERYTIME YOU GO INTO A MUSIC STORE & SEE ONE NEW FOR OVER $1000!!!!!!!!!</B></FONT>[​IMG]

$600 is a GREAT price for an L-2000. I played mine against a DLX Jazz & I liked the G&L MUCH BETTER. It seems like the guy played an American Series Jazz which is passive. Maybe he just likes the idea of a passive bass. I'd jump all over that L-2000!!!!!! If I really needed another bass (like I need a hole in the head[​IMG]) it'll be an L-2500. I miss mine & am GASsing for a new one. But I don't want my wife to throw me out!!! LOL.

4. yeah i knew you'd say something like that.

i hear from ppl that i can get a Stingray and Fender Jazz Bass tone out of the G&L L-2000, is this true, Nino?

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    You can get similiar tones to all Fender made basses. You can get P's, J's, MM's & best of all ASAT bass sounds. ;) It won't duplicate the sounds of these basses exactly, but it does a good job @ comming close.

6. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    Yeah, ditto on the above. It does a great job of approximating J/P tones. The tone circuit easily switches between some very familiar sounds, reminiscent of Leo's work up to his G&L days.

Along with these unmistakable influences, you'll also get a little bit of G&L (sound bias?) in the mix. It makes for an interesting combination, but on the whole, very staisfying. You'll not hear anything bad from me on these basses, I guess I just like G&L's.

How old is the bass? 6 bolt? What finish?