Guess what i just bought...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllodoX, Apr 16, 2002.

1. A Squier P-bass.. :)

( note : the one on the photo is not mine, but just a piccy i found on the 'net )

the story

As you probably all know, i started building my own bass a couple of weeks ago. But things didn't quite turn out the way i wanted them to, so i aborted the project. The luthier that was going to build the neck had a used Squier P-bass with a small dent on the finish, that was standing around in his store for a while, and so i gave him the lump of swamp-ash that i had for the allobass' body, in exchange for the Squier, AND a hardshell :D

The benefit

I'm going to use the Squier as a test-bass for the allobass pedals & other gear. One of my thoughts was to make a P-retro ( same as J-retro, but for the P-bass ).. the Squier is perfect as a test-bass for this project :)

It's black and will be fitted with a black pickguard too :)
  2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

3. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    time for you to find a woman!:D
  4. You don't " find " a women.. you accidently bump into one that you like..

doh !

b.t.w i'm working on that too.. it's called Operation " mate " :)
  5. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    since i'm engaged i have a lot of time less to think about new gear! good for my money situation!

eh eh

6. :D :D :D :p
  7. I like that philosophy, AllodoX! :)

Mike J.
  8. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    True, but you're forgetting the woman factor. She'll account for much more money loss than the gear could ever amount to, and you won't even know where any of it went! :p
  9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I'm just sorry we couldn't know more about this fascinating development.
  10. it's gentlemen

11. b.t.w i must say that the bulletbass has a VERY comfortable and rather thick neck..

and the build-quality + neck-finish are way better than the MIM j-bass i had couple o' months ago..

This baby has very solid tuners, that have a bolted top, where the MIM j-bass had a press-on top that formed a big gap when the string was tightened..

very nice indeed.. i'm impressed about the quality of this bass.. except that the previous owner sort of **** it up..

12. Awww, I buy a squier to actually play and other peeps but them to cut up and mutilate :(