1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Guess what just showed up on my doorstep (Reeves content)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mook, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Mook

Mook

Jun 19, 2002
    Not trying to gloat! ;-) But, this just arrived......

medium2.

I have it all unpacked and toobes installed......but, it's too cold to turn on.....don't wanna crack the glass. Then, I have practice in about one hour.....so.......

gonna have to wait until tomorrow.......

Mook

2. change-jug

change-jug

Oct 11, 2008
    Buffalo,NY
    that`s freaking awesome!

3. 3rdcurve

3rdcurve Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Sullivan, MO
    Congrats on the new amp, I would love to own one. You are showing great patience........ cold or not I would be rattling the walls right now.

4. mikeddd

mikeddd Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Wow! Need moar pics please! Can't wait to read your thoughts on it. Congrats!

5. Zentner

Zentner Supporting Member

YES! YES YES YES! Welcome to the Hiwatt club my friend!

6. CDweller

CDweller Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    Oh, you will love it!

7. Has anybody ever cracked glass from going to standby and then on after after things are heated up? I doubt it very much.

8. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Delicious.

I can't imagine you'd do any damage caringly firing it up as long as it was room temp and that temp isn't too artic . Unless it's been in deep freeze just let the whole amp/chassis adjust to the room temp for a bit and use the standby function.

9. Mook

Mook

Jun 19, 2002

that's just the thing.....was on a truck all day (I was last delivery -- he told me), and it's about 20 degrees, here. after unpacking it, I put it a few feet from a space heater, on low.

actually, right before I left for practice, I fired it up.

First observations: very natural and full bass.....brings out the character of the instrumnt as opposed to heavy tone shaping.....

Good "natural" and abundant bass.....

more later today.....

Mook

10. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    Never have had any trouble with my tube amps going from cold to hot or vice versa.

11. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

That is a beautiful piece of gear! Congrats

12. redcloud

redcloud

Oct 6, 2011
    Congrats, they really are very special!

13. COOL.

no pics, no amp. (website pics don't count :D)

14. edbass

edbass

Nov 8, 2004
    What cab(s) are you going to drive with your new amp? Honestly, the C225 sounds good through everything I’ve tried, but with the Reeves 115 (or even better a pair), the amp really shines.
    The Reeves 115 is a good all around cab overall, but it was designed using the C225, and the combination complement each other extremely well IMO.
    You will undoubtedly notice that the C225 has tremendous headroom, particularly obvious down low, and the combination of that huge bottom with the Reeves 115’s well controlled, focused and deep low end response and strong, clear high mid-high end is very satisfying; at least to my ears.

Maybe CDweller would deal on his rig; I would imagine that his head “solo”, (with that handy road case) would be an easy sell…

15. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Congrats! I'm very jealous and looking forward to your impressions. I may be able to get one later this year...

16. CDweller

CDweller Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    I have to say that the 225 coupled with two Reeves 115 cabs is one of the best sounding rigs, EVER. If I had roadies I wouldn't be selling the rig.

17. a Reeves C225 + 2 1x15s would be a mighty fine rig.