Guess What my mom got me for Christmas....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StartingLineBass, Dec 24, 2002.

1. StartingLineBass

Jul 24, 2002
    She got me a little Crate BX15, those amps suck!!! I told her I want and ampeg Ba 115 becuase I have gigs to do with my band in the upcoming months and she thinks that this amp will do the job just fine. uggh....I'm so dissapointed......well at least it's better then the guitar amp I've been using......
  2. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    See if you can take it back and exchange it.

Or trade it in.
  3. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Too bad, you'll already have to learn the value of work, and go find an extra job to get the amp you wanted... :oops: :D ;)
  4. StartingLineBass

Jul 24, 2002
    I don't think I can, my mom made a deal with the Guitar Center person. It was something like, I'll buy this bass for an amp, and she had to go and buy a crate. And it will probally hurt her feelings if I say I don't like, she is not a musician so I doin't know if she'll know the value of good tone.
  5. StartingLineBass

Jul 24, 2002

Too bad I'm too young to get a job.........:( :(
  6. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I'm sorry you didn't get what you were hoping for. But it was nice for her to get you something. Oh, boy... 15 watts as opposed to 100... That may be tough to gig with.

You might want to let your Mom know that you appreciate the gift, but that this one doesn't have quite the volume you will need to do an actual show. Hopefully, she won't get her feelings hurt if you return it for credit against the Ampeg.
  7. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Run a line out from the Crate to your PA system so you will be loud enough. Put the Crate up on something so it will be at ear level so you can hear it. Save your money from your gigs until you can afford what you want. Get a paper route, Shovel snow in the winter. Cut grass (lawns ;) ) in the summer. Hell when I was 13 I caddied at a freekin golf course one summer to raise the money for a trombone and I hate golf. btw keep the crate for a practice amp it will come in handy even after youv'e bought a bigger, louder amp.
  8. WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    You should sell crack, worked for me, sure Ive been shot 13 times and I cant go on the streets without a cop beating me up but hey I got me a sweet amp.:D ;)
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hey, my mom got me a Rogue amp for christmas (aboug 4 years ago). It was a...GC-20? Something like that.

I loved it the entire time I had it. Not one complaint other than it was a small amp, and I was in a band. (I've been in bands since 3 months after I got a bass).

I never once said anything against it, and it lives on with my ex-drummer Kyle, who's a good guy, and incidentally has my 2nd bass, a black P/J copy. I like to think I passed bass on to someone else, so I regret absolutely nothing about a crappy amp.

(Makes me appreciate my Eden rig a whole lot, I tell you that)

So don't complain about a Crate.
  10. pbassfreak

May 2, 2001
    long beach
    Man i wish someone would have bought me an amp when i was thankful she is supporting your intrest in music and tell her what you need..
    i think its great shes taken an intrest and is helping you get gear..i agree take it back and trade for what you need..youll both be glad you got the right amp
  11. StartingLineBass

Jul 24, 2002
    Hey I'm not complaing anymore. My mom got me what I really wanted...............A MARK HOPPUS BASS!!!!!! Now I'm happy!! I'm just going to buy an Ampeg of Ebay, I have like 200.00. And I snuck around and played with the Crate, it sound like crap with my Essex but pretty good with the Fender. I'll record with it but defiantly not gig. And cb56, they don't pay you for the gigs at the YMCA, they keep the money for themselves!
  12. See what happens when you've been naughty? :p

But on the bright side: I heard those Crates are made in the exact same building by the exact same people who make Ampegs. :eek:
  13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Mark Hoppus Bass?!

All is lost.

14. StartingLineBass

Jul 24, 2002

I asked for a standard Jazz, I'm guessing she saw the the Jazz body in the "pretty colors" and thought it was a jazz. I played one before, not bad at all, in fact I like it alot.
  15. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hey, it's a nice bass. SD pickup, P Neck on a J body (highly desireable, IMHO).

Color leaves something to be desired though.

Just not my bag.
  16. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    If your amp was bought at the Guitar center they have a 29 day return policy. I dont think it matter what the salesman said you can get you money back/credit towards a ampeg