Guess who got an ipod

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bardolph, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    You were probably correct. So my dad (music store owner) gets a customer in that offers him an ipod for 100 bucks. He figured I might like an ipod so he said yes. I guess it can be some sort of early birthday gift, I turn 18 in a week. The ipod is a 2nd generation 20 gig model. It's got a ton of music on it already so I've been enjoying that but I need to start putting my own music on. I have the adaptor but not the cord that connects the ipod to the computer, nor do I know what to do once it is connected to the computer. How should I get myself going on knowing how to use this thing?
  2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    It'll probably show up like a portable hard drive. You just drag and drop.

E-mail apple about the cable.
  3. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Go to You'll need to download iTunes or Real Player to transfer songs to your iPod. You'll also either need their Firewire to USB adaper or a Firewire card for your computer. Anyway, there's tons of info at
  4. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Go get itunes from You'll also need a firewire->USB adapter if you don't have a firewire card. You can buy 'em from apple's site. Congrats on the new toy. I've been loving mine (new gen. 40gig) since I got it.
  5. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I already have itunes. So my ipod has a headphone jack and a port with some Y shaped symbol by it. I'm pretty sure my computer doesn't have a firewire card, so I'd need something to plug from the ipod right to usb. What would I be looking for then?
  6. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    You'd be looking on Apple's web site, as has already been suggested. ;)
  7. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I know I'm looking on apple's website, but I'm seeing different kinds of cables and I'm wondering if those three-ended ones will let me do ipod directly to usb.