1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Guess who I met

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    None of you will prolly care...but i am so excited, last night i went to a MxPx / Slick Shoes concert (MxPx has been my one of my fav bands for about 7 years and i've never seen them live before this)

so i was very psyched to begin with....and they were awesome!!

but the best part is that after they got done playing, and everyone started to leave, i just saw Mike Herrera (Bassist / Lead Vocals) talking to crew on the side of the stage, so i figured hey why not, so i went over and we had a good 10 minute conversationwith him before the other people i was with found where i was...he was very nice and a very cool guy to talk to, he didn't have a big ego or anything like other musicians do...

he has been my main musical idol since i started listening to them... so this was like a dream come true...such an awesome night

(me: left, mike: right)

[​IMG]

2. Clay, that's awesome man! Sounds like you had a great experience.

Remember this and when you become a star, try and treat others like he treated you!

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    That's awesome dude. But umm....the pic aint workin' for me.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah well, he's not a REAL star unless he spits on you and punches you in the stomach for attempting to talk to him.

;)

brad cook

5. Sounds cool! On a different note, were Slick Shoes any good live? I like them as a bog-standard pop-punk band.

6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    yeah they are really good live....they sound better than they do on cd