Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guess who I met

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    None of you will prolly care...but i am so excited, last night i went to a MxPx / Slick Shoes concert (MxPx has been my one of my fav bands for about 7 years and i've never seen them live before this)

so i was very psyched to begin with....and they were awesome!!

but the best part is that after they got done playing, and everyone started to leave, i just saw Mike Herrera (Bassist / Lead Vocals) talking to crew on the side of the stage, so i figured hey why not, so i went over and we had a good 10 minute conversationwith him before the other people i was with found where i was...he was very nice and a very cool guy to talk to, he didn't have a big ego or anything like other musicians do...

he has been my main musical idol since i started listening to them... so this was like a dream come true...such an awesome night

(me: left, mike: right)

[​IMG]

2. Clay, that's awesome man! Sounds like you had a great experience.

Remember this and when you become a star, try and treat others like he treated you!

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    That's awesome dude. But umm....the pic aint workin' for me.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah well, he's not a REAL star unless he spits on you and punches you in the stomach for attempting to talk to him.

;)

brad cook

5. Sounds cool! On a different note, were Slick Shoes any good live? I like them as a bog-standard pop-punk band.

6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    yeah they are really good live....they sound better than they do on cd