Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guess who is finally in a band!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jawzzz, Aug 7, 2004.

1. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I took some advice and posted a want ad on Music Mates a couple of weeks ago. The respomse has been huge. I posted another thread about the perils of one of the bands I tried out for. This week, I had three tryouts scheduled with various types of bands. Wednesday was the firt one.

The band is called Awaken. They have been together about nine years and have had numerous gigs throughout Colorado and surrounding states. Everything clicked so well, they asked me come back. I practiced again last night and it was great. They do some covers, but have alot of original songs. They want me to write out my own basslines for all thier songs. Even better, practice is about 5 miles from my house.

I was nervous at first, but everything just seems to flow smooth. My knowledge of the fretboard is way better than I thought so I can identify what key they are playing and just play right along with thier songs. This is a big step for me, but I am positive that I can handle it. They are not in a big hurry to get gigs going again, but I think that the way things are going, we will be playing some shows by the end of the year.

As for the other auditions, I called and cancelled them explainig to each the situation.

:hyper: :bassist:

2. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I give up. Who? :p :spit:

Congrats.