guess who just bought a BONGO!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    First off, I need to apologize to my good online buddy Gard. As much as I would LOVE to do business with you, the backorder would have killed me with these GAS pains.

Joe Nerve, I tried waiting until you got one first, but.........well hell, I just wanted one! sorry :D

So, apparently musicians fiend finally got their Bongo's in stock. As much as I hate them, and giving them my money over a great owner operated bass shop....they have them in stock. I was going to have to wait on some owed cash until the first of the year for it, but the 12 months same as cash trap lured me in to it NOW, so I don't end up facing the dreaded backorder again.

Soon in my arsenal, will be a black w/ black pearl, 4 bangin' double buckin monster. Can't wait.

PS Gard, blame Bovinehost, he slipped me a GAS laxitive with all the pics and praise! :D
  2. Czar

May 6, 2003
    New Jersey
    That 12 month payment option is tempting we as well...

I would so rock the Bongo...
  3. pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    You lucky guy!

I wish I could afford one for less than 2500-3000... :bawl:
  4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    You bought from the EVIL EMPIRE?!?!?!?

...oh well, pmk needs the work...

That Jacko though....that's two.

5. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Tim has been diagnosed as medically and certifiably insane. I told him over and over that these so-called Bongos were not for him.

Then I get the 3 a.m. phone call. "I have to do it, I have to buy from Musicians Fiend, they have them in stock", blah blah blah, at which point I told him to lay off the liquor and think about it again in the cold morning light.

But no. He kept drinking, he was apparently off his medication and now we see where this madness leads.

Gard, you really need to get on the phone with EBMM and ask them what the HELL they were thinking. So few Bongos, so many potential customers.....

But Tim, Tim, Tim, you know I told you to get something made of cocobolo or wenge or purpleliver wood or something. Or a Warwick or a Gibson. I would never recommend these odd looking basses and you know that.

6. Tim - Thanks for further enducing my GAS! I want one so bad too! :bawl: I won't get one anytime soon...guess I should wait till someone sells one used on TB and I got the cash! Give us a review and pics when you get it!

Best Regards,
    Tyler Hole
  7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
  8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Oh no! I just realized I have a MF credit card with $0 balance! Eeeeek!

I really do want to try a Bongo... based on Jack's comments, I think I'd like it lots.
  9. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    OK..I'm even excited, knowing that I'll be the second person to play it after Tim gets it! (At least I better be Tim! ;)