guess who just got called for a gig?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by neptoon, Apr 19, 2002.

1. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeehaw! well, i got called the other day to play with a band who recently lost their bassist. i left my name and phone number in several music stores and made sure to try out a few basses---just fart around you know, so the guy who posted my info on the store's board would have at least something to say about me if someone asked...apparently, i got a great endorsement from _someome_. i'm not even having to audition...i met the band leader today and got some 4 track recordings of their tunes, which are all original. i can tell that the band was heavily influenced by a lot of 70's rock and roll and maybe some old school funk. it's really fun music. i'm kinda scootin' across the floor on my rolly chair shaking me head....and my 14 month old is dancing, so... they have about 20 songs recorded and i'm about midway through them now. sounds pretty cool...a lot of space, a talented guitarist, and a non-overbearing drummer ;) i was encouraged to pretty much cut loose. we'll be rehearsing early next week....can't wait! oh yeah, the band's name is tonka. cool, huh? i'll keep you guys posted
  2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Congrats! Sounds like a great band. Good luck at the rehearsal.
  3. Congrats!

I'm still waitin on a call back from a local group. They are checking out another bassist, but if he doesn't work out, I'm in! I'm stoked because they are so close. Only people in need of a bassist seem to be at least an hours drive away.
    I'm biting my nails waiting for the call....
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    There's no feeling like being wanted!

Congratulations! :)
  5. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, thanks guys...
  6. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    When I first read this I thought the band 'The Guess Who' called for a gig...:rolleyes: :)
  7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, man! Have a good time.:cool:
  8. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I hope this really works out for you!
  9. Hope these guys can swim. :D
  10. Nothing fuels the confidance more then getting called in...

Keep on thumpin'
  11. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

hee hee

hey, thanks a lot guys...i'll let you know how rehearsal goes...can't wait to make these guys wanna shake their booty ;)