Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guess who won the talent show...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bardolph, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    That's right. My high school talent show was today. I played in a jazz combo consisting of drums, bass (me), trombone and guitar. We played cherokee and took first and we get 100 bucks to split. Also, I played a bass solo of toccata (no fugue) in D minor by Bach. I got very good crowd response and my solo took second place, which is 50 dollars. So now I'm 75 dollars richer and it was just a cool experience overall.

2. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    WOW! Congrats man! :hyper:

Feels good huh? :bassist:

3. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Good job! Congratulations!
    [​IMG]

4. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Congratulations man, that's cool.:) I played a talent show a couple of days ago, and won, but we didn't get $100 bucks. I think I got $10 worth of movie gift certificates. But congrats, nice job. :)

~Graeme

5. top banana lad, top banana! :hyper:

6. Thas a tough song if you play it up to tempo, how fast did you guys play it.

7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I was going to guess Clay Aiken.

8. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    We took it about 340 bpm and the trombone player took a running 8th note solo and was able to follow all the changes. He is very good.

9. Haha, that sounds just like the bone player in my band, doodle tonguing is insane. How old is he/howlong has he been playing? Did you take a solo?

10. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Congrats man! :D :hyper: :D

Now, if you played the fugue by yourself, maybe you wouldn't have to share that $100 first place prize. ;)

Marshall