Guess who's back.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cassanova, Feb 3, 2006.

1. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Thats right, your worst nightmare is back. Just got the net turned on at my crib today. Got a lot of those psychosocial issues that were bringin me down worked out. So I'm back for who knows how long.
  2. Damn... I thought it was gonna be Shady.:(

3. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Welcome back, MAMA CASS
  4.'re back? We didn't even get a chance to take all your stuff yet.

I MEAN you're back!

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Hey John. Nice to see you back.
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

You still a big Buc's fan?

7. Nice to see you back, Cass.
  8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Welcome back my friend to the show that never ends
    We're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside

:bassist: Glad to see you Bro!
  9. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Glad to see ya, Bud!
    Awesome to hear that you got that stuff off your back.
  10. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    ELP, James Hart and Me WELCOME you back, you were missed!
    I hate Eminem, but that was good.
  12. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Thanks fellas. I missed a lot of you guys and its good to be back.

Yes sir, I'm still a Bucs fan. Despite being mad at them, I was very happy that they made the playoffs this year. I'm originally from N.Y. so I also got back to my roots while I was on hiatus and rooted heavily for the Jets this season as well.
  13. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  14. Ewww:eyebrow:

:D :bag:
  15. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Dude! Welcome back! :hyper:
  16. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    In the 7 months that I've been gone, I've gotten a car. I was carless for the past 2 years. Its a 92 Chevy Corsica and its a big ole ugly P.O.S. hooptie, but I'm extremely grateful to have my own wheels and not be dependent on others for a ride or having to bike or walk everywhere I go.

I bought a Fender Rumble Bass 100 combo amp. So between the amp and my Ibanez SR506, I now have 1/2 way decent gear. Granted, its not the best stuff in the world, but its better than nothing at all and it gets decent enough to get gigs done, should I have the time to sub for someone.

But my proudest achievment is that I'm carrying a 3.7 or there abouts GPA. (stupid B's in oceanography and abnormal psych cost me my 4.0)This got me the college presidents honors list or Deans List but, more importantly, it got me invited to join Phi Beta Kappa. Phi Beta Kappa is an international honor society for community colleges. I'm going to be inducted on March 17, 2006.
    This honor society opens a lot of doors for me. Because many state/national univercities recruit from Phi Beta Kappa and more importantly it opens up a small fortune in scholarships to me. Enough to give me a free ride at some of the major univercities here in Florida. Not to mention they also offer members discounts on rental cars, hotels, and air fairs, should I decide to travel.

Most importantly, Took your advice and the advice of a few true friends here at TB and ditched a lot of people in my life that were psychologically bringing me down.

The only things in life I really want in life right now are to finish school and find myself a good woman. Everything else is secondary and can wait.

On a side note, my Uncle Rick, (moms brother) whom nobody in our family has heard from in 30 years was finally tracked down and found by my mom and he drove down from upstate NY to pay us a visit. Man, it was so good to see him again. He's a homosexual and in the 2 weeks he was here, in many ways unknown to him, helped me to remove some prejudices and ethnocentrism that I had in myself towards homosexuals.

Whats new with you?

I'm originally from Long Island and until age 11 I used to walk to Hofstra and watch the Jets practice. I used to love those times. Got many an autograph while there. So I kinda went back to my roots and support them along with the Bucs now. Yeah, I know they sucked, but I dont care. At least my other boys did good. &*$(#$*)#($* Redskins....grrrrr
  17. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

glad to hear you're doing better , keep up the school work and stay true to yourself ...
    things have a way of working themselves out . :D
  18. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey man, welcome back!:hyper:
  19. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I give up...who's back?

brad cook